Thread: Sigh ... Egg Allergies.. :( page

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member

Sigh ... Egg Allergies.. :(

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone!
    I have been eating alot of eggs recently and have been enjoying them! But I recently got my allergy test results back and have a huge allergy to them and now need to avoid them for 6-9 months.

I loved them as snacks . ( hard boiled) I would eat them as an omelet for lunch, have steak and eggs for dinner.. Sighhhh

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to eat to replace the egg addiction?

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    You have a huge allergy and have to avoid them for 6-9 months? Does your allergist expect that you'll be able to add them back or is this an elimination and challenge test?

Over eating a food can lead to an allergy. That sounds like a lot of eggs in a day. Often the very foods we crave are the ones we are intolerant or allergic to.

I would try more variety in your diet.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Thx 0_0
    Hmm Interesting .. I never used to eat alot of eggs (Less the 6 a week around) I just recently started eating them alot since I read a post on how many eggs people eat in a week .. some ate up to 2 dozen to themselves so I was like *hmm why not I love them, and they are easy to make* so I increased my eggs to , well depending on what I feel like that specific day .. maybe 4 on those day and 0 on other days probably about 10 - 12 a week .

So when I got my blood test I wasn't eating a whole lot of eggs but the results still came up as extremely allergic.. same with pineapple.. but I love that and never notice any symptions to it so I'm not going to stop eating pineapple and also dairy Very allergic to dairy .. But since I started The Paleo Diet I have dropped dairy 100 percent.. So I'm not worried about that at all .. just eggs . .he want's me to avoid them to see if the allergy will go down in that area.. after that time frame .. then I will be able to continue eating it in moderation

Anybody know how to make any eggless omelettes?
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, I don't understand exactly. An allergy test told you you're allergic to eggs, yet you can eat them with no negative side effects? I don't see anywhere where you mention that you develop a rash, or have to run to the bathroom, etc.

I would completely ignore the allergy test if you're not suffering from any symptoms. If you're really concerned, though, try eating egg yolks only. Egg whites have been known to cause reactions in some people (it's believed that low-level toxins are stored in the white part).