Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a Paleo bottled dressing available? page 2

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Paleo = bottled.

Fail.

I have looked for a good bottled dressing to take with me on trips. Even the ones that only have olive oil in them have sugar or some other crappy ingredient.

I agree with the others, make your own and put it in an oil bottle or an empty salad dressing bottle.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I always saved small bottles with tight lids just for things like this. Soak off the labels, sterilize and they work great.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

ani
    ani is offline Senior Member
    I've found that Braggs makes bottled dressings using olive oil as the base, they're the only ones I've ever found. I make my own dressing but everyone else in my family is addicted to the Braggs Sesame Ginger dressing; Braggs also makes a decent vinaigrette, both contain honey, which is why I don't consume it usually. They are about $5 a bottle where I live.

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Try this Greek style dressing. It doesn't have to be put in the fridge.

Absolutely Fabulous Greek/House Dressing Recipe - Allrecipes.com

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kurite View Post
    Thanks for posting this I have been looking for a caesar dressing with olive oil instead of soy/canola oil. Does it taste as good as commercial ones?
    It's actually the best tasting bottled caesar I've ever had. I was buying it before I went primal.

I always keep at least one and sometimes two homemade dressings in jars at home, and I don't bother to refrigerate most of them (hubby and I eat salad every day so I know they won't have time to go bad). I keep old salad dressing bottles and also have been using the same Good Seasonings cruet for the last ten years, just like my Mom's. The only one I can't make year-round is raspberry vinaigrette. Hubby and I went raspberry picking last fall and I saved about a pint of seedless puree that didn't go into jam or other creations. Using it as the acid base in a standard vinaigrette with EVOO and just a touch of honey was delicious! But alas, we've run out of the puree for now.

Also second the oil and vinegar suggestion.

TheFoodLovers is offline Senior Member
    Actually - up until this past weekend, I would have had the same reaction as Suzan did. Bottled = Fail. We had not found a single acceptable salad dressing, to date.

HOWEVER....

On Friday, Hayley and I went to the Pittsburgh Farm to Table conference and met Scott, the owner of a company called Zukay. Scott, a paleo follower himself, makes salad dressings that are sold in some Whole Foods (as well as online). The ingredients are totally within bounds of being Paleo (in fact, he said he had been featured on MDA, which was kind of nifty to hear).

Anyway, check out his salad dressings. He's a great guy, and I tried every flavor he had. They were all great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12