Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skipping Breakfast Everyday page

koden is offline Junior Member

Skipping Breakfast Everyday

Primal Fuel
    Hey all, so I am very new to this whole primal blueprint concept but I am liking what I see. I had a quick question tho. Even before starting the Primal lifestyle I was never much for breakfast. I am never hungry during that time of day and usually don't get hungry until about 11am-12pm.

I know Mark has stated to eat when you want to eat and feel hungry but also that three meals a day are still better than 1. I guess my question is, should I be trying to eat breakfast or just go with the two meals a day I eat and be satisfied? Which is healthier?

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    I generally go with 2 meals a day. Sometimes on the weekend I will have "breakfast" but then it's usually later in the morning and lots of times ends up being lunch!! So in the end it's still 2 meals. It really does come down to eating when you are genuinely hungry. Not because the clock says it's time to. I can go hours and hours without food and my energy levels soar.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    2 meals or 3 meals won’t make a difference when it comes to health, as in, neither topples the other one as THE healthy choice. What matters is that you don’t starve yourself by eating too little and that you get the right amount of nutrients to nourish your body.

A person that eats twice a day but makes them good quality meals is eating healthier than a person that eats 3 times a day but two of those meals are pasta based dishes, see what I mean?

I personally eat twice a day and don’t eat breakfast except for the weekends where it’s part of a family tradition or I have it with my girlfriend.

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    I generally eat two meals a day, but sometimes three. I would say that especially if you're early into this, eat when you're hungry and don't when you're not. I have found that as I do PB more I'm less hungry, but other days I'm starving and eat accordingly. One thing i find I really don't do anymore is snack.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    I've been packing in three meals between 1pm and 8pm using the leangains IF schedule (leangains recommends dinner at 9pm, but I eat at around 8pm and fast 17 hrs) over the past week and it's been great. I have breakfast at 1pm, then lunch around 4:30-5:30 (depending on how hungry I get) and dinner around 8-8:30 then fast the rest of the time. I have found over the past week that this is super easy for me, seems more natural and I never need to snack any more. I've virtually cut out all my snack items and only eat three square meals a day.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i eat breakfast around 5PM most days. then i have dinner 4-5 hours later, and that's it. i've tried the one meal a day thing, and sometimes my schedule and hunger make me only eat one, but i'm a big fan of eating two meals a day. that's enough to get the calories, nutrients, and deliciousness that you need to thrive.

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    I never eat breakfast during the week, and my two meals are typically between noon and 8-9pm. Like others have mentioned, eat when you're hungry and you will be healthy so long as the ingredients are healthy (i.e, real food).

Oh and this just occurred to me: the word breakfast is a conjunction of break and fast! This fits in nicely with one of the IF concepts where you have your first meal of the day in the afternoon as a way to break the fast
    Last edited by MariaNYC; 03-23-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

koden is offline Junior Member
    Haha well it sounds like everyone is pretty much in the same boat as me then. Eat around noon time and then dinner later and not hungry until noon again. Great. As for the eating healthy bit, I am trying to stay away from carbs as best I can, but when the family cooks the meals it's difficult. And trying to show them the PB way isn't going to happen. (too engrained in CW)... Oh well, thanks for all the help.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    I'm 63 and have never been able to gag down any food at traditional 'breakfast' times. When ever I did force myself to eat before mid-day (because as we all know from CW, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! ) it would either come back up or I'd feel listless and like total crap for the rest of the day.

I think for many people, being awake several hours before breaking the fast is healthy and natural.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's a personal choice.

I jog first thing then eat breakfast. It's my favourite meal. No jog then I eat right away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast