Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probiotics page 2

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Constipation is, indeed, common early on in primal/paleo eating. One of Robb Wolf's podcast guests talked about this recently -- I think it was Chris Kresser, episode 67?? Anybody recall??

I've just started making my own raw milk yogurt, specifically for the probiotic benefit. Other fermented foods like kefir, kombucha, saurkraut, etc. offer the same benefits...not the store-bought ones, though, which are rarely fermented these days and are processed at high heats that kill off the beneficial bacteria.
    I thought it was Matt Lalonde, Episode 68 or 69 I believe.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

klawler9 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    Probiotics don't do anything useful.
    previous thread on the probiotics SCAM

The answer to constipation is more animal fat.

You may be right about the fat helping constipation but that post said "if you are healthy" probiotics probably doesnt help. It helped me get healthy but I haven't taken it in a month. They are living organisms that grow, divide and die constantly. It's only when you don't have a healthy gut because of any number of things that you need to replace it. Once healthy it's not like you need it every day. Agree? Disagree?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12