Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other sources of fats? page

mwok86 is offline Senior Member

Other sources of fats?

Shop Now
    Where can I get other sources of fats besides meat?

I know avocados are great (I eat 2 a day). I can hardly get 50g of carbs and 50g of fat.

My meal is (I eat twice a day only):
    Lot's of vegetables sauteed in 1 tbspn of coconut oil and 6oz Salmon
    Whole Avocados (twice a day)
    Milk (about 1-2 cup)
    Sometimes Salmon Candy or Cheese

I was feeling very sluggish yesterday, as soon as I drank a coconut water....everything went away. I think this is because I'm not getting enough calories?

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't seem like you're eating nearly enough... especially not enough meals with meat. You could also add in eggs, or fruit/starch depending on what your carb range is.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i have been spooning red palm oil in my mouth everynight, close to 1/4 of cup. it has helped my skin. also been using it when i get outa the shower as lotion

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    The best information I have ever read about fats, bar none, is right here: PaNu - P

Are you not eating meat on purpose? Are you on a quest to lose body fat? What are your overall goals? With the milk you're drinking and the salmon candy, you're consuming a lot of sugar, including the coconut water, so your body is still running on glucose, which will definitely make you feel sluggish, especially with the low calorie diet you've put yourself on. Grass fed ruminant fat is the best fat.

mwok86 is offline Senior Member
    I'm actually lean so not trying to lose weight but I'm concerned about eating eggs due to cholesterol.

If I increase meat consumption, I also increase protein intake. Maybe there is a better source of fats like avocados?

I also don't feel safe eating a lot of coconut oil....

The salmon candy only has 25g of sugar (whole package). Should I eat cheese instead? Would an orange actually be bad?
    Last edited by mwok86; 03-23-2011 at 08:13 AM.

RednGreen is offline Member
    Have you read the book yet? According to the Primal Blueprint, you should be eating lots of eggs, cholesterol should not be a concern. I'm not good at relating the science and reasoning behind it. I'm sure someone will chime in here shortly and tell you why. Read the book- I learned way more than I ever could have hoped.

Also, regarding cheese, the consensus here is if it doesn't bother you, go for it. I love cheese and have it whenever I want, but many people don't have that luxury due to intolerances.
    "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

MarkP is offline Member
    I would start by reading the book, as it seems you're mis-understanding some key components (eggs, fat etc.)
    Last edited by MarkP; 03-23-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: typo

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Yes I would read the book because your post is way off when it comes to Primal eating. You need lots of fats and a good amount of protein. Avacados are NOT a better fat. They are a good part of a complete program but should not be your main source of fats. The cholesterol thing is way overrated and there are excellent sources of info on just that around this place.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwok86 View Post
    I'm actually lean so not trying to lose weight but I'm concerned about eating eggs due to cholesterol.

If I increase meat consumption, I also increase protein intake. Maybe there is a better source of fats like avocados?

I also don't feel safe eating a lot of coconut oil....

The salmon candy only has 25g of sugar (whole package). Should I eat cheese instead? Would an orange actually be bad?
    Yes, an orange would actually be bad if you have insulin resistance.

You are, flat-out, NOT EATING ENOUGH. Eat eggs, eat meat, eat coconut oil, and stop worrying about the non-issue of cholesterol. Educate yourself; read Mark's book, read my Cholesterol Primer (in my sig), read naiadknight's For Newbies thread. You are obviously coming into this with a head full of "conventional wisdom" (CW in Primal acronym) and that will not fly here, or for you, at all.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast