Thread: Red Meat and Bowel Cancer? page

Sweeney30 is offline Junior Member

Red Meat and Bowel Cancer?

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I've been going Primal now for about 2 months and I'm in the best shape of my life (and I was an ex-professional soccer player!)

I have been trying to find out more about the links (if any) between the Primal/low carb lifestyle and cancer, most specifically bowel. The best stuff I've come across so far is that which relates to Gary Taubes.

Having checked Mark's articles I haven't been able to notice anything specific on this site which focuses on this area.

Does anyone have any views on the subject or able to direct me to an appropriate information resource which covers this topic in more detail?

Thanks,

Michael

peril is offline Senior Member
    No, because there is no evidence of association. Its just vegan bullshit
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    It's all based on ONE epidemiological study in which a few more people (out of 30,000) developed ass cancer on a diet that includes meat vs. a vegetarian diet.

it doesn't take into account what kinds of meat they ate, what other health conscious decisions they made, etc. It's comparing a population that tends to be more health conscious (vegetarians) vs the default meat eating population. It's apples to oranges, i'd be very interested in a long term study of vegan vs. primal/paleo/real foods eaters...

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Studies with red meat and cancer usually include processed meats with nitrites etc. I don't believe it's the red meat but the garbage they add to the processed deli meats.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Studies with red meat and cancer usually include processed meats with nitrites etc. I don't believe it's the red meat but the garbage they add to the processed deli meats.
    I was thinking fast food more than deli meats...

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Also, there was a guy called Percy Weston who spent his life studying The links between phosphorus levels and cancers. He recommended a low phosphorus diet and supplementing with various mineral salts as a treatment/cure. While At first glance this gmail knock Gous primal favourites such as eggs, chicken and pork, their high phosphorus levels may be due to the fact that intensive farming feeds these animals on grains and other feed which has in turn been intensively farmed using highly solubale phosphate ferilisers for rapid growth. So, eating non-processed organic products in general should reduce The amount of phosphorus in hours diet.

Another example is that he said to avoid dairy too, but if the cows aren't fed on grass which has been grown using artificial phosphate fertilisers then there won't be the high levels to carry through to their milk.

He doeAlso, there was a guy called Percy Weston who spent his life studying The links between phosphorus levels and cancers. He recommended a low phosphorus diet and supplementing with various mineral salts as a treatment/cure. While At first glance this gmail knock Gous primal favourites such as eggs, chicken and pork, their high phosphorus levels may be due to the fact that intensive farming feeds these animals on grains and other feed which has in turn been intensively farmed using highly solubale phosphate ferilisers for rapid growth. So, eating non-processed organic products in general should reduce The amount of phosphorus in hours diet.

Another example is that he said to avoid dairy too, but if the cows aren't fed on grass which has been grown using artificial phosphate fertilisers then there won't be the high levels to carry through to their milk.

He does say to avoid grains and processed, sugary foods too, So it is pretty much primal.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Do fast food restaurants use real meat? LOL

Sweeney30 is offline Junior Member
    Some helpful responses there, thanks.

After looking in to Gary Taubes' literature a lot of these 'scientific' studies seem as stable as a pack of cards!