Thread: Ghee or butter? page

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member

Ghee or butter?

Primal Fuel
    Which is better for the primal eater? I know that ghee is clarified butter, but what part is taken out of the butter? Fat? I love some ghee. Just ordered 3 16 oz jars off Amazon for 17 bucks. Good deal.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Clarified means that the solids (protein and carbs) have been removed. It is almost pure fat. Better for cooking than butter due to no solids to form AGEs and with a higher smoke point. It also has valuable fat soluble vitamins (A, K)
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Steve-O is offline Senior Member
    I use ghee for cooking/sauteing (very high smoke point). I use butter as a spread only or melt it over hot foods (e.g. baked sweet potato). I rarely use butter for cooking. It seems to burn pretty quickly in a pan.