Thread: Meat....ewwwwww! page

rowan16 is offline Junior Member

Meat....ewwwwww!

I'm a 35 yr old mom of two boys. I've gained and lost weight over the years...typical story. Here's the deal behind the "title" of my post. I've always gravitated toward vegetarianism and veganism, in truth meat kind of grosses me out. About three years ago I was running like crazy...really enjoying it. Lifting heavy and eating in the "Body For Life" way, then I decided to try to prep for a figure competition...while training for a 25K race. Blah blah blah, achilles' injury from over training, BIG weight gain from over eating and not being able to do anything.

I recommitted myself this year, first with doing a 30 day vegan "challenge" with my pals...then going low carb...lots of veg and protein. That's how I found MDA and Primal Blueprint. I'm going to give this a try for at least 30 days and see how I feel. I'm two days in and actually feel great! I slept really well last night and noticed on my way to school this morning that my under eye luggage is not so noticeable, but that may be wishful thinking

I'm starting this journal to get some feed back on my eating. Good, bad, ideas, etc. I'm currently 176 lbs and 5'2". My last two days of eating look like this:

Monday:
    I fasted (not including 2 cups of coffeee) until about 1pm
    Lunch was 4 c spinach, 1.5 c red cabbage, 4 oz bottom round roast as a salad with 2 tsp bacon grease and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar as dressing

I had an afternoon snack of an organic granny smith apple and 2 Tbsp almond butter

Dinner was 5 oz pulled pork (boston butt smoked on my Big Green Egg) 1 c brussel sprouts cooked in EVOO and 1 tsp bacon grease

Bedtime snack was .5 sc whey pp mixed with 1 c Fage (I know not strictly primal, but its what I had)

Tuesday:
    Breakfast was 4 eggs cooked in coconut oil and 2 pieces of baked bacon

Lunch was 4c spin, 1/3 c baby sweet peppers, 1c red cabbage, 2 oz chicken thigh, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp walnut oil as a salad. Then because I wanted more protein I had 1 c pasturized eggwhites mixed with 1 Tbsp hershey's cocoa powder and dash of stevia. The EW's and cocoa are probably not all that primal either, but again its what was available.

For dinner we're having Chicken thighs grilled on the BGE, asian slaw and peppers stuffed with bacon and the last of my Kerrygold Blarney Castle.

My dad and husband are loving this so far, I usually cook vegetarian or vegan 4 times a week.

I lifted last night with my husband, he's a speed and conditioning coach and loves functional workouts so that's usually what I end up doing. I love to lift so I'm sure I'll be supplementing the BW workouts with lifting. I also took the dogs for a 3 mile walk yesterday.

Now I have an excuse to stop folding laundry and play with the boys all day...no guilt about working out taking time away from them!

I'm really excited about this!!!!

Day 3 looks like this:

2 cups of coffee for breakfast

Lunch was 3 eggs and 2 onions cooked in 2 T EVOO and 1 t coconut oil. I made guac for my son and I had a TBSP or so of that.

Dinner was spin. salad with mini sweet peppers, a 3 oz ground chicken burger cooked in butter wrapped in 2 cabbage leaves. Oh and a piece of pepperoni and mustard on top. I have discovered I am not a fan of ground chicken.

Right before I ran I had 4 tsp of almond butter...I was nibbly.

I walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight. I am happy to say that the dark circles under my eyes are getting better, my husband even noticed it!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rowan16 View Post
    Day 3 looks like this:

2 cups of coffee for breakfast

Lunch was 3 eggs and 2 onions cooked in 2 T EVOO and 1 t coconut oil. I made guac for my son and I had a TBSP or so of that.

Dinner was spin. salad with mini sweet peppers, a 3 oz ground chicken burger cooked in butter wrapped in 2 cabbage leaves. Oh and a piece of pepperoni and mustard on top. I have discovered I am not a fan of ground chicken.

Right before I ran I had 4 tsp of almond butter...I was nibbly.

I walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight. I am happy to say that the dark circles under my eyes are getting better, my husband even noticed it!
    Try ground pork! I love it, and I'm a recent meat convert.

Glad you're feeling better and looking better!!!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a big meat fan myself, but I've found ways I'm willing to eat it. I feel that I need it in order to be healthy. Generally I make a nice soup with mirepoix in chicken broth with bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper. Then add ground beef or ground chicken (or both) after the veggies are cooked.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I'm horrible at posting in "journals". No consistency! I've been doing this for 11 days and feel great, no carb cravings, energy, losing weight and inches. Blah blah blah...

I'm thinking about making Batty's Blueballs today, we're going to movie on Sunday and I want some nibblies. What do you take to the movies?

I'll post a weight and inches lost update tomorrow. I'm off to clean the house and fold laundry while the baby's with Grandpa. Two kids home with strep destroyed the house!!!