Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coconut water page

mwok86 is offline Senior Member

Coconut water

Is Coconut water good? These are natural coconut water in BPA free cans (Amy & brians coconut water). There's about 24 carbs and 12g of sugar.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I think they're ok as a post-workout treat. I tried vita coco and thought it was delicious. Then I had juice from a fresh young coconut and thought I had died and gone to heaven. I may never be able to drink the bottled stuff again.

jpatton624 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I think they're ok as a post-workout treat. I tried vita coco and thought it was delicious. Then I had juice from a fresh young coconut and thought I had died and gone to heaven. I may never be able to drink the bottled stuff again.
    The amy and brian stuff the OP is talking about is definitely closer to a real young coconut than vitacoco. Something about it, that perfect sweetness and great price, I love it.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Thanks jpatton. I'll give it a try if I come across it. I think I can get it locally whereas the nearest young coconuts I have found are 100 miles away.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Those carbs can add up!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    It sure tastes good. Many times in the past coconut water has been good for a hangover. I made a lame attempt to look up the fructose content of coconut water and couldn't find anything, but that would be very much worth knowing.

Whether its "good" for you or not depends on your goals, I guess. Not good if you are VLC.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Coconut water is a natural equivalent to a sport drink, and should be used in similar ways. Just like it's not a good idea to chug Gatorade all day, it's not a great idea to down coconut water constantly.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I was introduced to fresh young coconuts as a drink when I was growing up in the Philippines. They are a good natural source of replenishments for electrolytes after a really tough workout. What I normally do is I take a small serving of it and dilute half of it with fresh water to minimize the amount of sugar. I found it to be the perfect post workout drink. It is what many natives drank after long days in the fields for hundreds of years.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I was introduced to fresh young coconuts as a drink when I was growing up in the Philippines. They are a good natural source of replenishments for electrolytes after a really tough workout. What I normally do is I take a small serving of it and dilute half of it with fresh water to minimize the amount of sugar. I found it to be the perfect post workout drink. It is what many natives drank after long days in the fields for hundreds of years.
    Thanks. I'd been avoiding getting any because of the carb content. I love the taste, but never thought of diluting to keep carbs in check.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Thanks. I'd been avoiding getting any because of the carb content. I love the taste, but never thought of diluting to keep carbs in check.
    But then you have to drink more to get the electrolyte benefit. Just drink less.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast