Thread: Chicken wing help page

geostump is offline Senior Member

Chicken wing help

Primal Fuel
    I make buffalo wings pretty regularly. However, I am wanting to expand my horizons a bit and make some garlic parmasean wings. I don't care if they are spicy or not but for some damn reason, it sounds really good. Anyone try making these and have a tried and true recipe?
    Georgette

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    I did dill wings last night. If I were going to make Parmesan wings, I'd melt some butter, saute a bit of garlic in it, and then dip the wings in it. Then I'd sprinkle parm over it, and cook it. Or I'd wait til just at the end, when the parm would be crispy, and then add the parm. Yum! I'm out of wings, but now I want to try this!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I've got a recipe you might like, though it isn't garlic parmesian. They're called Heroin Wings, and it involves covering chicken drumsticks (or wings or whatever) with warm butter and then rolling them in the three-cheese seasoning mix. Heroin indeed!

Oh, found it:

4 lb chicken wings
    1/2 cup butter

Mix in a bowl:
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (you can use 1/3 or 1/2 cup for these three if you want)
    1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
    1/4 cup grated romano cheese
    2 tbsp dried parsley
    1 tbsp dried oregano
    2 tsp paprika
    1 tsp garlic salt
    1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper

Heat oven to 350. Cook for 1 hour for drumsticks; maybe 40 - 45 min for wings? Depending on how many people you're feeding, 4 lb will either be too much or too little.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's a different take, but I like it:
    Garlic wings
    Chicken:
    1 lb chix wings and drumsticks
    2 cloves garlic per piece
    2 tsp butter per piece
    Sauce:
    1 head garlic
    1/4 cup parmesan
    1 stick butter
    drippings from roasted wings
    jarred/ canned jalapeno juice to taste OR Italian seasoning to taste

Chicken:
    Melt the butter and minced garlic together. Loosen the skin on each piece and smear the garlic butter under the skin, over as much of the meat as possible. Pull skin pack into place and butter the skin. Roast until done.
    Sauce:
    Saute garlic in butter. Add parm, a little at a time waiting for each bit to thoroughly incorporate prior to adding more. Reduce heat to lowest setting possible and stir occasionally until the wings are done. Drain the wing pan directly into the sauce. Don't bother running it through a sieve. Stir until incoroporated, and add either the jalapeno juice or the Italian seasoning. If using the Italian seasoning and you want more of a kick, add more crushed red pepper.
    Combine:
    Toss the wings in the sauce to coat, however you normally do it. Serve.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Both would be good! Patrick, I can see why they'd be called Heroin Wings!
    Georgette

CoachSandee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I've got a recipe you might like, though it isn't garlic parmesian. They're called Heroin Wings, and it involves covering chicken drumsticks (or wings or whatever) with warm butter and then rolling them in the three-cheese seasoning mix. Heroin indeed!
    Did you get these from Dana Carpenter's low carb book? I have been making them for years and everyone that tastes them loves them. In fact, my kids were asking for them last week. I used to make them almost every Friday night when we did Friday Night Finger Foods. I think it's time to institute that again!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I think that's where they're from originally, yeah. I got the recipe very ciruitously, though, courtesy of the ever-regurgitating nature of El Interneto.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Acteon is offline Senior Member
    How about Chicken Tikka wings:

Chicken Tikka Wings Recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Acteon View Post
    How about Chicken Tikka wings:

Chicken Tikka Wings Recipe
    If I didn't have a strong aversion to Indian food, I would try it. Thanks for the help Acteon. Maybe someone else will like this better.
    Georgette

pabelong is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Just tried this tonight and it was FANTASTIC!! (Sorry for shouting it was really, really good)
    I had only parmesan instead of three cheeses on hand, didn't use paprika and put it on chicken tenders. Baked 20 minutes and it was perfect.

Thank you for posting the recipe