Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nutritionist in the San Francisco Bay Area page

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member

Nutritionist in the San Francisco Bay Area

Shop Now
    Hello everyone! My husband is wanting to make some lifestyle changes and is interested in seeing a nutritionist. Do any of you know of a good whole food nutritionist in the Bay Area, preferably Berkeley or East Bay? I'd love if he went to a primal one, but I think that he would balk--too much CW conditioning, even though he sees my progress. Therefore, someone who advocates whole foods/organics would be a great start. He has a serious sugar/junk food habit that he is wanting to kick too--he is a stress eater, which makes it hard. Any leads or resources would be greatly appreciated!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Len
    Len is offline Member
    Just wanted to +1 the rec for Diane. Her blog/Facebook advice have been very valuable to me, and I'm sure she would do a great job for your husband.

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for this info -- very helpful!

Karma is offline Senior Member
    My wife is a holistic nutritionist and we are in Walnut Creek. I coach a lot of primal/paleo athletes for our business. Send an email to us at dreamcatcher@astound.net and perhaps she can help you.

dmc
    Thank you for the recommendations! Yes, there are some blessings in living in the Bay area (housing prices aren't one of them)!

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Diane at Balanced Bites graduated from the whole food nutrition school I currently attend. She is very well received in the SF Bay Area. Our school is actually located in Berkeley on University Avenue which is right in your neck of the woods!
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

dmc
    Thanks, Balance! Is Diane located in Berkeley too? It was hard to tell from her website where her office is. Sounds like she also does a lot of skype/phone consultations too.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I don't know where in the Bay Area Diane lives. But she was trained at Bauman College which has Northern California locations in both Berkeley and Santa Cruz. If you can't get ahold of her directly you can seek out any one of the nutritionists at Bauman. But I know that Diane herself follows a paleo diet so that would be the best option for your husband.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member
    I live in the Ocala, Florida area, and have a very difficult time finding any career opportunities in the nutrition field, let alone Paleo nutrition. Those of you from California, does it seem more open out there to nutrition degrees in Holistic/Paleo fields? Me and the fiance were looking for the best places to live for me to specialize in these areas.
    && It's not just about living well, it's about dying well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast