Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unintended IF page

Conner P. is offline Senior Member

Unintended IF

I had an unintentional IF for almost 24 hours yesterday. Last thing I ate was a large steak sunday night. Didn't get breakfast like I was planning on monday morning, was at work for almost 9 hours. Got home around 9pm, tried cooking a cauliflower pizza. It was done around 10 and I finally at. The whole period from sunday night to monday night, the only thing I had to eat was about 1/4-1/2 of a cup of almonds while I was working. I couldn't believe that I didn't get the typical hunger pains I am used after not eating for a few hours.

I guess all this primal "crap" has my body moving to a more stress ready state. But I am hungry now, so off to make some steak n eggs for brunch

RednGreen is offline Member
    I think that's the best kind of fast- Unplanned.
    "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    To be slightly snarky (I can't help myself): unintended should be the very essence of an intermittent fast. So, yeah, unplanned is best. Keep the body guessing.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Or IF can be every day and intentional. It makes a great daily habit and a convenient way to get through an unusually busy day.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Or IF can be every day and intentional. It makes a great daily habit and a convenient way to get through an unusually busy day.
    I think tangentrider was referring to the following defintion

intermittent - ADJECTIVE 1. irregular: occurring at irregular intervals

if it is daily and intentional it is not irregular and as such is not intermittent. As he posted elsewhere the usage of 'intermittent' vs 'regular' fast bothers him.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I think tangentrider was referring to the following defintion

intermittent - ADJECTIVE 1. irregular: occurring at irregular intervals

if it is daily and intentional it is not irregular and as such is not intermittent. As he posted elsewhere the usage of 'intermittent' vs 'regular' fast bothers him.
    exactly

(save for the gender reference, I'm a she, though I realize the name gives no evidence of this)
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tangentrider View Post
    (save for the gender reference, I'm a she, though I realize the name gives no evidence of this)
    My mistake

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I typically do an IF from dinner to lunch 8PM-1:30 or 2PM about 3-4 times a week. Only once did I do a 24 hour fast that was unintentional and I was ok. Not a big deal. Felt normal in an odd way.
    Georgette

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    intermittent [ˌɪntəˈmɪtənt]adj occurring occasionally or at regular or irregular intervals; periodic

The word intermittent implies stopping and starting and does describe daily fasting. It does not imply whether or not the period of the stopping and starting is defined or not. A light, for example, could be shining intermittently which is not to say that it's not changing at a one second off and one second off interval or completely randomly. It implies that the light is not on or off all the time. I am a fan intermittent fasting be the period regular or irregular.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, so I stand corrected on the meaning of the word (at least according to one dictionary), but I maintain that irregular fasting is probably better for keeping the body from being able to adapt and remain static. I practice an eating window, from noon to 8 pm, and I've definitely adapted: a most unfortunate turn of events. So, my n=1 experiment supports the adaptation problem.

So, I'll be turning to a bit of randomness and see how that goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast