Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One rep max page

lolov is offline Senior Member

One rep max

Shop Now
    I just had to share my little triumph today . At xfit, we did heavy deadlifts so I went for a one rep max just to see (I started xfit with a fundamentals class in January, then moved up to real wods in mid February.)

My one rep today = 140 lbs

This is huge to me as it's over my bodyweight and I had my ACL replaced just over a year ago (and my rotator cuff fixed last July... So it was a year of rehab and minimal workouts, lots of lost muscle and strength.)

Two weeks ago my three rep max was 125. I am totally thrilled

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! Exceeding your bodyweight for the first time is exciting, isn't it? That's some awesome gain over your 3-rep, too.

I broke 200 lbs for my first time last week (213!) and wanted to run around the gym yelling "f* yeah!" but restrained myself. (That's a lot more than I weigh.) My next big goal is my partner's bodyweight...245 lbs.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    good job.

just wait until you can squat your body weight...you will swear that fireworks should be going off.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    awesome!
    owly- i always run around yelling "eff yeah" when i PR. then i put smiley faces and PR on the whiteboard for those who missed it

RobbieC is offline Member
    I can't always keep up with the kids in my CrossFit class (I'm 42) during some of the WoDs...especially if there is running involved. But on heavy days? I love to crush --- in fact, we do CrossFit Total as a bench mark workout once every three months, and our coach usually groups 2-3 people at each station to help spot and take turns lifting.

Except for me, as nobody in our class lifts even close to my lifts, so he send me off to my own bar and spots me himself.

It's the only time in class I really get to shine, and I love it! (last CrossFit total: 515 dead lift + 415 back squat + 210 shoulder press = 1140 CFT)

Congrats on your PR --- lifting heavy things is awesome and awesome for you. And, as my coach always says, "if you want to lift heavy things, you have to lift heavy things." So keep training heavy and you'll be lifting 2x body weight before you know it.
    Striving to live a life extraordinary.

Thanks everyone, after a year of feeling so depressed and weak, to see major improvement is really a huge deal for me

Oh, and I'm no spring chicken, either. I'm 45

I think when I can squat more than my bodyweight, fireworks will shoot out of my ass!!! Lolololol!

One thing I love about my xfit box, is that I was dl today with a bunch of guys doing fives in the 350 + range, and they were all patting me on the back and encouraging me as if I were right up there with them . Awesome. (they all waited while I finished my "Annie" afterwards, too

I love that about our CF box too. People respect the effort a person puts in, no matter where they're at relative to the other folks at the gym. It's about how hard you work at lifting, not how much you lift.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    485 is my best. That damn 500 is so close.
    "Live Free or Die"

Boston you should do a Wendler... folks at my box are gaining 10 - 30 lbs on their one rep after the 5 week cycle. It's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by lolov View Post
    Boston you should do a Wendler... folks at my box are gaining 10 - 30 lbs on their one rep after the 5 week cycle. It's amazing.
    Agreed. I went from 183 to 213 on my deadlifts with that type of program, and I've seen similarly astonishing gains on some of my other lifts. I'm newer to serious barbell training, so my jumps will be on the high end, but even the long-time folks are seeing pretty good increases.

Owly's Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast