Thread: Sugar in vegies etc page

annew is offline Junior Member

Sugar in vegies etc

Primal Fuel
    Okay, I've been slowly getting somewhere - no grains, low carb and as of yesterday no added sugar. I was really surprised when I tracked everything at dailyplate to discover even without adding sugar I had 20gs of the stuff... that seems to high, but I don't know, is it? What am I aiming for in the sugar department when I'm not adding any, not even the artificial kind.

Thanks

ViaSwiss is offline Member
    20g through out the day ?

that is very little. 50-100g a days is normal on the PB

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    You are not supposed to worry about or "aim for" anything in particular in the way of carbs that come from veggies, in general. That's not the plan, stan. Did you read the book?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Considering the average person gets 300 - 500 grams of carbohydrates per day every day, no, that's not too much at all. Like tfarny said, don't worry about carbs from vegetables. Just read the book and pay no attention to the zero-carbers. That is an extreme option for extreme conditions.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

was trying a little induction... just was startled and wondered. Thanks.

Yes, I have read the book and am going through it again. I'm gently aiming... it's been a major change and the only way I could figure out how to do it was track - I started tracking what I was eating before primal and started eliminating stuff. First wheat, then other grains, etc. etc. etc. Took awhile, but I'm mostly comfortable with about 50g of carbs now... still not losing weight, but I'm 68, way past menopause and suspect it will take awhile to reduce the insulin resistance. Now I'm adding exercise... probably will help. Going at it all piecemeal has been the only way I could get there. Seems to be more or less in line with Mark's philosophy.

Wasn't even particularly worried, was just surprised at how the sugar added up... didn't know that before. Thanks. I'm not a zero carber for sure, but I did kick-start myself for a couple of weeks. When I dropped all added sugar I expected the sugar to go lower - just shows you what I don't know.

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by ViaSwiss View Post
    20g through out the day ?

that is very little. 50-100g a days is normal on the PB
    I think the OP meant sugar, not all carbs.