Thread: Suitably Primal? page

HERC0 is offline Member

Suitably Primal?

Shop Now
    Hi everyone

As I'm new to this, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my food intake so far today? I've still to have my dinner later tonight which I need to go shopping for - any suggestions for something that will complement the rest of my day?

Many thanks!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HERC0 View Post
    any suggestions for something that will complement the rest of my day?
    more of what you're eating...meat and veggies, plus some fat. i wouldn't add any more nuts (also, cashews while awesome and i won't stop eating them, are technically not primal...i asked mark about it after he posted his primal shopping list) though. you're diet looks really good.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    You could optimize "mixed salad greens" (because that's usually a lot of romaine) by adding spinach and kale...but other than that it looks spot on. An avocado would really round things out.

cavemanj is offline Senior Member
    Are you male or female? If you're male, your calories are a bit low. Looks like your goal is to burn fat. Your diet will do that.

Don't be afraid to throw some steak or other higher fat meat in there. If you're starving all the time up the fat.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavemanj View Post
    Are you male or female? If you're male, your calories are a bit low.
    i agree that 1500 isn't very many calories, but i don't think it necessarily has anything to do with being male or female. i bet you could find more than a few women on this forum that eat over 3000 cal. a day, and plenty of men who do just fine eating under 2000. it has much more to do with physiology than with what's in your pants.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I think a variety of other fats would be nice in the mix, rather than getting 1/3 of your calories from nuts.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

HERC0 is offline Member
    Thanks for your responses so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanj View Post
    Are you male or female? If you're male, your calories are a bit low. Looks like your goal is to burn fat.
    I'm a 20 year old 6'0" moderately active male student (walking and cycling to uni) weighing 180lbs. I'm hoping dinner will get me up to around 2000 calories. And yes my goal is to burn the belly fat that has appeared over the last 2 years of being a student!

Quote Originally Posted by supersellen View Post
    I think a variety of other fats would be nice in the mix, rather than getting 1/3 of your calories from nuts.
    I'll definitely start adding avocado to my salads but what other foods could I get fat from?

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HERC0 View Post

I'll definitely start adding avocado to my salads but what other foods could I get fat from?
    I actually misread and did not realize that you did not post an entire day, just breakfast and lunch. Depending on what you have for dinner, that could change things significantly.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/