Thread: Hey first post page

wiltondeportes Guest

Hey first post

Primal Fuel
    I got to say this has to be the simplest website ever. In a good way though. It's really funny how I came upon it...

About a month ago I started going barefoot being sick of wearing shoes. I had read something online about how your feet can adapt to extreme temps and terrain. I thought that sounded pretty cool, so I started doing that. I wrote this research paper for a college class last week comparing modern society to society from 2000 years ago. I found this site a couple days ago, and it cracks me up how much of it already relates to what I was discovering or knew in my heart. Would you guys be interested in reading this essay if I posted it?

My Essay on Society
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-23-2011 at 11:03 PM.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Post away and welcome aboard!

wiltondeportes Guest
    Alright I attacthed it. Let me know what you think!

wiltondeportes Guest
    damn no love...

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    damn no love...
    We have to wait for a moderator to approve any attachments. Be patient.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    damn no love...

Guess it hasn't been approved yet. If it isn't too long, you could just copy and paste as a separate entry here.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    Guess it hasn't been approved yet. If it isn't too long, you could just copy and paste as a separate entry here.
    Ya that would have been a disaster. I just put it on Google Docs. Keep in mind I wrote it in about 5 hours, and the subject had to be media. I have more ideas about changes I would make and more details for that last paragraph, but I figure this isn't a bad start.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Oh I forgot to include a little foreword I used for my presentation. I got all of this from the internet (not my words).

What do "advanced" and "primitive" mean?

Is a society that knows it is dependent for its survival on the environment, and therefore practices sustainability to the extent that it only wipes out a species every few generations more primitive than a society that wipes out many species every year?

Is a society that makes deliberate contingency plans to wipe out all human life more advanced than a society that doesn't / can't conceive of doing this?

In other words, is the degree of advancement defined by capability alone?

If so, what is capability? Is a society that can navigate an open boat to an intended destination half-way across the Pacific using no navigational tools more or less advanced than a society that uses GPS systems to navigate a submarine on the same voyage in 5% of the time, going submerged all the way?

Is a society that locks strangers out of the neighborhood more advanced than a society that considers it an important social duty to provide welcome, food and shelter to a stranger?

Is a society where individual life expectancy at birth can vary by a factor of three and access to resources can vary by a factor of a billion more advanced than a society where life expectancy at birth varies by 25% and access to resources varies by a factor of 100?

Is a society in which 95% of adults could not feed or clothe themselves at a subsitance level without the help of others who live more than a day's walk away more or less advanced than a society in which every community is self-sustaining?

Is a society that develops all sorts of efficient ways of killing each other, and proceeds to use them, more advanced than a society that tends not to kill off its members so fast?

Is a society that allows a minority to use up most of the non-renewable energy resources in the world in a matter of a couple of generations more advanced than one that distributes non-renewable resources more equally among people and over a longer period of time?

Is a society that has no effective antibiotics because abuse of antibiotics has resulted in all surviving bacteria having developed immmunity to antibiotcis effectvely more advanced than a socierty that has no antibiotics because it hasn't accidentally discovered them yet?

Is a society that changes social norms by popular whim on a generation-to-generation basis more advanced than a society that preserves social norms that have incorporated the practical wisdom of many generations?

Is a society that places its faith in an unproven belief that science will overcome the risks that human abuse of the planet will lead to the end of human life more advanced than a society that places its faith in the non-proveable existence of a supernatural being?

Is a society that wipes itself out more advanced than a society that is unable to wipe itself out?

wiltondeportes Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Any smart primal men/women out there?