Thread: Ultra-marathon question page

moorec06 is offline Junior Member

Ultra-marathon question

I read the paleo solution a while ago and started a paleo diet and I just finished Primal Blueprint. I like to workout hard and am currently training to compete for my first ultra-marathon (50-100 mile race) hopefully within a year or two. I want to keep working out hard and running long distances but I'm not sure if I should after reading Primal Blueprint. I go at a comfortable pace which you need a comfortable pace to finish one of these races. I was wondering what everyone thought on pursuing my goal? Is it to much on the body and should I shoot for something less?

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    It's very hard on your body. But if that's your dream, do it. Do primal. Add carbs as needed.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

I have been completely primal now for 16 days and have kept a journal about it each day to help me stick with it. Even though I don't even have to try as I have no cravings. I found out my athletic performance running, and in the gym has improved significantly. I at least want to do it once but am now questioning it after this book

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moorec06 View Post
    I have been completely primal now for 16 days and have kept a journal about it each day to help me stick with it. Even though I don't even have to try as I have no cravings. I found out my athletic performance running, and in the gym has improved significantly. I at least want to do it once but am now questioning it after this book
    Running 50-100 miles is never going to be a good idea but if it's something you want to do then go for it. You shouldn't change your mind just because of something you read in a book.

eisenreich is offline Member
    I posted a similar question awhile back and got some very helpful answers here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread20250.html

Good luck with the training, I'm currently tapering for my next 50mi ultra on April 9. This post has also been extremely useful during my ultra training since going primal:
    How to Burn Fat Instead of Sugar and Never Bonk Again | No Meat Athlete

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich View Post
    I posted a similar question awhile back and got some very helpful answers here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread20250.html

Good luck with the training, I'm currently tapering for my next 50mi ultra on April 9. This post has also been extremely useful during my ultra training since going primal:
    How to Burn Fat Instead of Sugar and Never Bonk Again | No Meat Athlete
    thanks a lot eisenreich, it was a lot of help and a very interesting article.