Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alzheimer's Researchers Find High Protein Diet Shrinks Brain page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Now I know why I keep forgetting things
    [quote]

Although the researchers were focused on triggers for brain plaque formation, they also found that, unexpectedly, a high protein diet apparently led to a smaller brain.</blockquote>

http://bit.ly/flFJc

Although rats seem to react differently to fats that humans, the study seems interesting. Note the part where the high-fat/low-carb diet seems to not have this effect on brain size or the formation of plaque.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I thought our brains got bigger when we started eating meat and shrank once we added grains and sugar.

I thought the same. It would be interesting to compare brain sizes amongst hunter gatherers and westerners. Size doesn&#39;t seem to matter when it comes to human brains though...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

That research sounds a lot like that of Key&#39;s. It was never accurately determined what exactly leads to plaque but the researchers tentatively put forward a theory that it must be high fat and high protein.

Yes. I would also like to look at the paper&#39;s methodology. These type of studies tend to not discriminate amongst the different types of fats.

Although some do to some extent, like this one:

http://bit.ly/31vr9l

They point out that the high-fat diets were low in o-3, which leads me to think they where probably rich in vegetable oils or other western o-6 rich fats.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Who cares about researches? It&#39;s all propaganda. There&#39;s a research for almost anything thinkable, and they all contradict themselves. I&#39;m getting tired of them.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

I can think of a number of poeple who care about researches How else would we become civilazed population as we are today?

The problem is in the quality of researches.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

We&#39;re civilized?

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

LOL.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Raphael S., well, that depends what you mean by that word. I guess I would very much like to think of myself as a civilized individual.

Just look at the way we all communicate here. Imagine the possibility of talking to hundreds of individuals with similar mind sets from all over the world at the click of a button 100 years ago? How awesome is that? I&#39;m pretty sure there was some serious research involved before this became possible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast