Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egg burn-out. Breakfast alternatives? page

Charlie Golf is offline Senior Member

Egg burn-out. Breakfast alternatives?

Primal Fuel
    My usual go-to breakfasts are a few eggs, two slices of bacon and a piece of fruit or a smoothie made with berries, kefir or organic milk and whey. Occasionally, I'll do cottage cheese and fruit.

I'm trying not to get burned out on eggs though and am looking for some more breakfast alternatives aside from my go-to's.

Any suggestions?

sunflower is offline Junior Member
    I love the coconut flour pancakes in Mark's PB Cookbook. Topped with strawberries, that is my go-to breakfast.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I usually skip breakfast, but when I want it, I usually go for straight bacon, skip the eggs.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Just got Mark's new quick and easy cookbook. Lots of delicious looking recipes for breakfast.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I eat anything for b-fast. Sometimes leftovers from dinner. I have no qualms about a food belonging to a specific time of day.

Maybe some good broth soup? Left over beef is a good one.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried all of the egg varieties? Boiled? Poached? Scrambled? Chopped egg in a glass? Hellie white egg? Dippy eggs (fried, use the bacon to break into the yolk and eat them together)? On top of steak?
    I strongly reccomend chopped egg in a glass. Hard boil 3 eggs, take off the shells, put them in a teacup and chop them with a spoon, adding butter as you do.

Buttercup is offline Senior Member
    Do you do nuts? When I can't stomach another egg: 1/4 cup chopped nuts (especially macadamias), some shredded coconut, small amount of dried fruit, and milk of choice.

I also love the Silver Dollar Pancakes with almond flour on elanaspantry.com.

One of my favorite Primal breakfasts was leftover ribeye with avocado and a squirt of lime juice on top. Awesome.
    The Paleo Periodical
    It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Grilled fish and walnuts.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Almond meal pudding

Mix in a small pan
    1/3 cup almond meal ( or pecan meal)
    1/4 cup water
    1 egg

Stir over low heat until thickened to the consistency of oatmeal. Serve with berries and heavy cream or coconut milk.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Another option is to sample some of the yummy sausages available. My favorite this week is chicken apple sausage from Costco.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast