Creamy Potato Soup w/o potatoes!
2 Pounds Bacon
2 Large Leeks
1 Sweet Onion
1 Bulb Garlic
3 Medium Beets
1 Bunch Swiss Chard
1 Butternut Squash
4 Large Carrots
1/2 Gallon Homemade Chicken Broth
1. Chop bacon into 1 inch strips, brown in pan, and then put bacon into large stockpot. Leave the fat!
2. Chop onion, leeks, and cloves of garlic into bacon grease and saute until carmellized and soft.
3. Empty pan with carmellized veggies into stockpot.
4. Chop beets, butternut squash, carrots, and swiss chard and cook until soft in a small amount of water. (I used the microwave and saved the water to go into soup)
5. Blend beets, squash, chard, and carrots into broth until smooth.
6. Add to stockpot.
7. Simmer until warm. Serve and enjoy.
WARNING: If you are not secure in your primal manhood do not attempt. Soup is PINK!
This was a clean out the fridge day and I just started tossing in ingredients. I am amazed at how much it tasted like a creamy potato soup. I had to make sure my wife didn't slip any cream into it, but the squash and bacon fat give it an excellent feel and the flavor is amazing.
Wow, this sounds really good. Very hearty, I'll have to give this a try! Thanks for posting
Tags for this Thread