Thread: Flax seed oil -- yay or nay? page

cavemanj is offline Senior Member

Flax seed oil -- yay or nay?

Primal Fuel
    I have some sitting in my fridge and I'm not sure if I should toss it or start using it. I get a decent amount of Omega 3s by eating grass fed beef, fish, avocado, and coconut. Is there any benefit to flax oil? I've read some stuff around here that it might be bad for you and your prostate in particular.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Don't toss it - it is good furniture polish
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

I was wondering about this too as I read that ingesting it can help heal wounds and I scored myself several stitches in my finger last week. *waits for the wisdom*

grokka is offline Senior Member
    I would not eat furniture polish, personally. It's high in O6, most of which is oxidized, and the O3 it has is not well converted to the kinds we need, Epa and Dha.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    It can be beneficial for anyone with eczema or dermatitis which is why I started using it
    Getting your Vitamin D sufficient will probably help as well, if not more.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavemanj View Post
    I have some sitting in my fridge and I'm not sure if I should toss it or start using it. I get a decent amount of Omega 3s by eating grass fed beef, fish, avocado, and coconut. Is there any benefit to flax oil? I've read some stuff around here that it might be bad for you and your prostate in particular.
    I use it in my salad dressing but thats about it. Where did you hear about the effects of flax on the prostate? I would love to read more about this since this is the first I have ever heard about it.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I hear it's great for seasoning cast iron. In fact, I'm thinking of buying a small bottle for that very purpose.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.