Thread: Really good blood pressure now page

cavemanj is offline Senior Member

Really good blood pressure now

Primal Fuel
    Prior to PB, my fiance had a blood pressure scare when it hit 190/110. I hadn't checked my blood pressure in awhile, and to my dismay it was pretty high -- around 160/85. (she decided to go the medication route).

Four months into PB, my blood pressure is consistently around 125/72. Pulse is around 70. I actually feel more relaxed if that makes any sense, like I can't feel my heartbeat when I sleep anymore.

The little things, I suppose.

cavemanj is offline Senior Member
    Also, this sort of pissed me off... the doctor put her on a low fat / low salt "cardiac" diet in addition to blood pressure medication. She's a vegetarian, so her diet was low in fat to begin with. Now she's scared of avocado, coconut, etc.

Meanwhile I've dropped my blood pressure within normal range, without medication (and drinking absurd amounts of coffee), eating a ton of saturated fat, which should tell her something...

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    I had to add salt to my diet. I don't eat enough processed foods to get the sodium.

On occasion I use to get lightheaded when I stood up or see stars. My BP is on the lower end. Last time 110/70 with a resting heart rate of 54. It has been as low as 106/62.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    this sort of pissed me off... the doctor put her on a low fat / low salt "cardiac" diet in addition to blood pressure medication. She's a vegetarian, so her diet was low in fat to begin with. Now she's scared of avocado, coconut, etc.
    That is sad. You'll will have to teach her otherwise.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    I had to add salt to my diet. I don't eat enough processed foods to get the sodium.

On occasion I use to get lightheaded when I stood up or see stars. My BP is on the lower end. Last time 110/70 with a resting heart rate of 54. It has been as low as 106/62.
    Interesting. Mine stays about 110/60, other numbers are good. Is this too low? I don't hold back on salt. Its not an issue except when medical folks check it. They go "huh, unusual, is it always this low?" " Yeah, it is bad?" "We just never see this.."

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post

My BP is very similar to yours. I float around the 110/70 mark also and my resting heart rate drops below 50 when I am in bed. Somtimes I get light headed and see stars as well. It was like that before paleo and now during paleo. I think it has a lot to do with my activity level, staying away from stress, sleeping well, and eating a lot of fresh whole foods.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.