Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Out Of Milk - Beta Testers Wanted page

Rivvin is offline Senior Member

Out Of Milk - Beta Testers Wanted

Shop Now

I am a developer and co-founder behind the application for Android called "Out of Milk" and we have been working day and night to develop our latest version and website. This new version is "Pro" and will have all of the features of the free version as well as access to a comprehensive website that allows you to build and manage your data online and have it synchronize with your phone automatically.

For more information, check it out here: Out of Milk | Home

Here is the point I am getting at: To release these features and charge for them, we need to be sure they work and people are happy with them. In order to do that, we have a few limited spots that we would like to offer to people who will Actively use the application and provide feedback to us. I am looking for testers from this forum because we need users from all walks of life, and this is definitely a unique place to find some people!

Because spots are limited, I would like anyone who is interested in becoming a beta tester please post in this thread a reason why you think you'd be a good tester. I will pick the best 10 or so responses and once the beta is ready I will send instructions on how to participate.

I really hope some of you are interested, we could really use the help! Testers will also receive some benefits at the end of the Beta if they actively participate and provide us with their findings!

nax
    nax is offline Member
    My wife and I have the chronic problem of shopping and always forgetting something that we needed. I have tried various lists at home and the office and haven't found anything that has been effective and gets used used consistently. I have tried Evernote but it doesn't lend itself well for a grocery list, for me anyways (probably due to format). I am also getting to the point where I'm much more interested in the prices of the goods (mainly produce) that we buy and comparing them from store to store. Anything that would help in reducing the multiple trips (sometimes daily) to the grocery store would be awesome (especially with current fuel prices).
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    J. Stanton

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I have an Android phone, I shop for a household of 6, I'm an ex-Microsoft test manager, and I haven't satisfied my desire to break things in quite a while...
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Quote Originally Posted by nax View Post
    My wife and I have the chronic problem of shopping and always forgetting something that we needed. I have tried various lists at home and the office and haven't found anything that has been effective and gets used used consistently. I have tried Evernote but it doesn't lend itself well for a grocery list, for me anyways (probably due to format). I am also getting to the point where I'm much more interested in the prices of the goods (mainly produce) that we buy and comparing them from store to store. Anything that would help in reducing the multiple trips (sometimes daily) to the grocery store would be awesome (especially with current fuel prices).
    Awesome, this is exactly what the application was created for! You should go ahead and try the current version we have available and see if it helps you at all!

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    I have an Android phone, I shop for a household of 6, I'm an ex-Microsoft test manager, and I haven't satisfied my desire to break things in quite a while...
    Well it is a .net webapp so I'm sure there are plenty of things to break..

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i have an android. when i'm not using it as a light saber, i'm usually texting back and forth with my (non-primal) wife about what we need for groceries vs. what we have stashed in some cabinet that neither of us is willing to inventory on a continual basis...and that means that we end up with waaayyyyy too much of some things (like an unnecessary amount of tuna for me and rice for her) and keep running out of other things (i've been out of cayenne pepper for two weeks).

stewie97 is offline Member
    The fiance and i are both android users. If I were to post a pic of my fridge you would see exactly how many doubles and triples of items we have in there because while at the store it is the same old questions "do we have salsa?....may as well get some carrots? not sure, better put it in the cart...." An app like this that we could both update would definitely help us out.

I forgot to add...I am a Computer Science major, and the IT manager for my company. I know all about my users trying to break my programs!
    Last edited by stewie97; 03-21-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: addition

Mldami is online now Senior Member
    I can't get the scanner to work on my Out of Milk. I have abandoned it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mldami View Post
    I can't get the scanner to work on my Out of Milk. I have abandoned it :/
    What model phone do you have?

Verizon Droid Pro by Motorola.
    Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Haha...just tried it again.....I was holding the item too close to the bar code scanner. Shows what kind of patience I have. LOL *blush*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast