Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone out there read "The Vegetarian Myth"? page 3

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

I wander how many vegetarians out there that had a chance to read that book. It must be very difficult to be open-minded to something that goes against all of your believes but which also makes so much sense.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Yeah, sort of like science and most religion.

Hello, cognitive dissonance.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

That book should be a requirement in middle school...

People really don't know the road they're heading down, and that because so many are going in that direction, it affects us more knowledge seeking people too.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

bonesheal Guest

I read it this weekend. I didn't want to put it down, but had to read it a little bit at a time. Lots of great stuff there: I was shocked to discover that the Middle East was once dense with topsoil & vegetation. I guess I thought it was always a desert, and that civilizations sprung out of the desert. It looks that way in the movies.

The chapter on nutrition was devastating. A lot of stuff is familiar, but there is very bad news for vegans. I have tried veganism, but never went more than a week or two without eating meat. Also, I fed one of my babies soy formula, which I sorely regret. I've been trying to get my wife to read some of the things I've been reading; the Nutritional Vegetarian chapter was one of the best short explanations of the detriments of a grain-based diet that I've seen. I'd settle for her just reading that one chapter.

maba is offline Senior Member

Just finished reading this book. I loved it. Lierre Keith is such a wonderful writer. The moral and political vegetarianism chapters are written with so much emotion and passion and the one on nutritional vegetarianism with a lot of scientific citation, is eye-opening.

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

I have no yet read the book, but only because I can't find it. My local bookstore doesn't carry it. Although, I did have the pleasure of meeting Lierre at another talk where we got to talk about agriculture and some inter-related subjects. It wasn't until after I got home that I realised she was THAT Lierre Keith.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123