Thread: can i pull a muscle in my abdomen? page

stephiesteph is offline Junior Member

can i pull a muscle in my abdomen?

Shop Now
    so i have been trying to get back to working out. the other day i did some girl push-ups to get back in the swing of things. now i have this sharp pain that comes and goes over the last two and a half days. it's on the side of my belly button and sometimes feels like it's coming from my belly button.
    did i pull a muscle or could i be having some other issue?

thanks everyone!

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    probably pulled a muscle but it "could" be a hernia...

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    I am pretty sure you Can pull an abdomenal muscle.

I had a pain like that (that I thought was a pulled muscle) on and off for a year. It was to the side and just under the belly button. It turned out to be a uterine fibroid.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    You certainly can pull a muscle in your abdomen, though no one here should diagnose you.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If it's bugging you after 3-4 days, and stretching doesn't help, get to a doc. If stretching does help it, Id say it's LIKELY a pulled muscle. There's always a possible REALLY BAD thing with pain in the abdomen, so keep an eye on it. If something starts feeling "off" get to a doc.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    If it's bugging you after 3-4 days, and stretching doesn't help, get to a doc. If stretching does help it, Id say it's LIKELY a pulled muscle. There's always a possible REALLY BAD thing with pain in the abdomen, so keep an eye on it. If something starts feeling "off" get to a doc.
    +1

I always like to err on the side of caution with abdomen pain, just because what you are ruling out can be so dangerous.

jon tall tree is offline Senior Member
    When was the last time you challenged your abs. Ab soarness from working out is different from other muscles as we use them to support ourselves in every motion

Simple Strength is offline Junior Member
    It is quite possible to pull a muscle in your abdominal region, especially if you are not used to a particular exercise or movement. I must emphasise that if this is causing you prolonged discomfort, seek professional help. Internet based diagnosis can be dangerous. If, however, it genuinly is just a pulled muscle the pain should subside, with adequate rest, in a few days to a week, depending on exercise frequency and inherent recovery rate.

All the best.
    Health & Fitness Tips and Tricks - Simple Strength

stephiesteph is offline Junior Member
    i do have a uterine fibroid, it's on the outside