Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is a good primal breakfast? page

daveyace is offline Member

what is a good primal breakfast?

Primal Fuel
    whats a good primal breakfast? i normally just have crunchy nut and whey protein

peril is offline Senior Member
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Add some coconut milk to it. My spouse always has protein shake for breakfast, but when I started adding a 1/4c coconut milk, he found it held him longer, and tastes better.

Otherwise: meat, any kind, eggs, anyway (I keep boiled eggs on hand all the time); salad if you can do that first thing in the morning.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

isaboblue is offline Senior Member
    I eat 3 eggs fried in butter, onion, red pepper, sweet potato and some grass fed hamburger sauteed in butter, then I have some steamed broccoli slathered in butter. Oh, heck yes...mmmm!

My son has 'pancakes'...basically mashed sweet potato mixed with egg, vanilla and cinnamon then fried in coconut oil. That shit is goooood! And it's the only way to get him to eat eggs.

My husband eats 4 eggs fried in butter with about 5-8 oz of grass fed beef sauteed in butter and onions, sometimes topped with salsa.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    I eat three eggs fried in coconut oil with spinach most mornings or full fat fage yogurt w/berries and an apple. Sometimes a can of wild salmon and an apple.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    5 Strips of bacon and 3 eggs, double that on a weightlifting day. Add fruit on a sprinting day.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    IF or bacon/ eggs here. Usually IF and tea.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kyland Sanders is offline Junior Member
    This morning I woke up around 11ish... late night... anyways, drank a protein shake then walked for an hour and a half (usually my morning cardio) I dont really count the protein shake my breakfast even though it does break my fast, after my walk I make my first Primal Meal! this morning I had 4 whole eggs (usually have only 2 or 3) with steamed asparagus and brocolli with liberal amounts of raw organic butter melted on them. It was delicious!

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Today: dinner-sized bowl of chicken soup. Past: steak, eggs, & broccoli; bacon, eggs, & mustard greens; eggs with caramelized onions; heart and liver curry; heart and liver stew.... basically most days I'll have the same sort of food I'd have for lunch or dinner. If it's the weekend I might throw some eggs in there, but during the week I prep and box breakfast the night before and I prefer my eggs freshly cooked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast