Thread: Vibrams too big page

Bern is offline Member

Vibrams too big

Primal Fuel
    Hi all!
    I recently purchased some cheap vibram bikilas off a website (as buying them in shops in Australia is way to much $$). Turns out they are a little too big. Rather than fitting snuggly on my toes, there is a few cm gap between the top of the shoe and the tip of my little toes. I can't see anything on the website about returns/exchanges. Do you think they will be ok to use for running still?

-Bern

peril is offline Senior Member
    They may not be genuine Vibrams. From which website did you buy them?

I know my size, so bought my latest pair from the US, using a postal relay service to provide a US shipping address. Saved me about $80 on a pair of treks
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    please describe postal relay.

also, i would question if they are authentic vibrams AND if they are, sell them and buy the right size.

we also had our sized locally -- so we knew which size to get -- and then ordered them through the US.

peril is offline Senior Member
    vpost asia

I don't think Vibram permits their sellers to ship internationally, so this service allows shipping to an address in Portland, from where it is forwarded to your address, via Singapore (its run by Singapore Post). Unfortunately, you can't get the shipping cost until they receive the goods, so you have to have faith. Also note that vpost "normal" costs are high but they always have discount offers on their website
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    You might also try getting a pair of socks with toes (like injinji brand) and see if those take up enough space to make them fit. Maybe DON'T go for the liners but actually a sock weight sock!

danandvicky is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    They may not be genuine Vibrams. From which website did you buy them?

I know my size, so bought my latest pair from the US, using a postal relay service to provide a US shipping address. Saved me about $80 on a pair of treks
    This is a brilliant idea. I hate the way companies screw everyone outside of the usa! I really want some komodosports but they are double the price in the uk (when they are finally released that is!). Just out of interest how much was the shipping on yours ? how long did they take to arrive from order date? and does this company ship to the uk or do you know of others that may ship to the uk rather than australasia using the same system? thanks in advance