Thread: So is this considered a Grok Like WO? page

mzzmisty is offline Junior Member

So is this considered a Grok Like WO?

Shop Now
    Hi, Im new to this lifestyle and I have a question about when you happen to go to the gym. I was wondering if being on the elliptical, doing more interval style would be considered chronic cardio? For example.. 20 minutes total and intervals as such:: 2min warm up at level 3, then 1 min level 4, 1 min level 5, 1 min level 6, 1 min level 7. repeat until 20 minutes.. I just want to make sure that Im not doing chronic cardio.. Oh and it would be 3 times a week.. and the other days would be "lifting heavy things" .. advice appreciated. Thanks Everyone.. Misty

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    that's definitely not chronic cardio...20 minutes isn't really a whole lot of time. as the weather gets warmer, though, think about getting off the elliptical and just get outside. there's nothing wrong with using an elliptical--besides it being boring--but just walking and running around outside is better than anything else.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    The only thing the elliptical is good for is deadlifting. Of course, they probably have a platform for that set up already.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Interval training generally involves alternating between rounds of high intensity and low intensity. What you're describing sounds more like just gradually ramping up intensity until you're spent.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    as the weather gets warmer, though, think about getting off the elliptical and just get outside. there's nothing wrong with using an elliptical--besides it being boring--but just walking and running around outside is better than anything else.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    The only thing the elliptical is good for is deadlifting. Of course, they probably have a platform for that set up already.
    Actually, it's been my experience that the type of gyms that have ellipticals usually don't even have a deadlifting platform.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

mzzmisty is offline Junior Member
    Ok thanks for the advice