Thread: Primal ranch dressing? page

kurite is offline Senior Member

Primal ranch dressing?

Primal Fuel
    Hi Im wondering i anyone has made ranch dressing using pork lard or some other more paleo recipes. I want to avoid all plant oils and so far have only found this recipe which uses heavy cream and and sour cream but still isn't what I want as I prefer dairy free.
    Msg Free Ranch Dressing Recipe - Food.com - 391617

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't seem possible to make a dairy-free ranch dressing. To me, it wouldn't be ranch.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    I have made this one and its pretty good but its not as good as the ranch dressing I get when I eat out. I really don't follow this exactly. I use more sour cream than I do mayo. I haven't made this since following PB, but I grow all the herbs so I may just have to make it when I get the chance. If you make it, my advice is to go easy on the garlic and onion powders.

Ranch Dressing II Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Just found this one, but I have never made it. It looks really good though so I am going to give it a try. With this it looks like you can cut down a bit on the dairy ingredients because of the avocato.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Avocado...ng/Detail.aspx

Edit: how bad is buttermilk for PB? It only has a tiny bit, but I wonder what could be used as a sub?
    Last edited by NicoleP; 03-20-2011 at 10:40 PM.