Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MCT oil vs Coconut oil? page 2

carolorrell is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [What do you mean by liver problems? Please give more specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalGoddess View Post
    does anyone know the difference between MCT oil and coconut oil?
    Coconut Oil is about 2/3 medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) and 1/3 long chain triglycerides. MCT oil is a concentrated form of (mostly) 2 of the 4 kinds of MCTs found in coconut oil. My boyfriend doesn't eat as much coconut oil as I do, and he takes a tablespoon of MCT oil most mornings. It is a perfectly paleo oil. I'm not really confident switching out coconut oil for mct oil is going to help with weight loss (figuring a way to cut your daily calories a bit would probably be more beneficial), but if you want to try I don't see how it could hurt. MCT oil tastes like refined coconut oil- that is, it pretty much tastes like nothing. It is also a bit more pricier than coconut oil. We order ours online from Amazon. Now Foods brand offers the best deal. Good luck.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Why not try it? I trust my ND with my life, literally. She has changed my entire life with her treatment protocols. If you find it doesn't work any better, let her know. If she's an ND worth her salt, she'll modify her treatment protocol based on your responses but I think you should at least give it a go.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

CoachRunjor is offline Member
    The first time I had ever heard of MCT Oil, it was from one of Mark's Blog Posts....

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/what...ted-part-2-qa/

Also, Dave Asprey promotes the daylights out of MCT Oil (He also sells it, so take it for what it's worth) he writes The Bulletproof Executive blog if you're interested in his perspective

The Bulletproof Executive

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    Mark has mentioned MCT several places. Just search "MCT". This one in particular...
    Dear Mark: MCT Oil, Camelina Oil, and Fancy Canola Oil | Mark's Daily Apple

Personally, if you're primary goal is weight loss (over primal) then maybe try it, but I would go for a whole food myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12