Thread: Muscle soreness question page

ADSS is offline Junior Member

Muscle soreness question

I'm an avid rock climber and have been eating "primal" for about 10 days. If you're not familiar with rock climbing/bouldering, it's a very intense workout and generally places huge demand on joints and tendons in your arms and hands. I believe it would fall into the category of "lifting heavy things" as it requires maximum effort for a relatively short time period. Anyway, over the last two days I've noticed higher than typical (for me) muscle and joint soreness after climbing. I seem to want less water, so this could be a result of being a little dehydrated. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks for your help!

Andre

Simple Strength is offline Junior Member
    Perhaps the reduction in water intake is preventing the level of vitamin and mineral uptake that you were getting previously. This could manifest itself as inflammation causing soreness. Ensure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals in your food selection, increase hydration and do not push yourself through the pain barrier for the sake of your ego as rock climbing does put a tremendous amount of strain on small tendons and ligaments.

All the best.

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just went bouldering for the first time yesterday. I can tell my 2nd day soreness is going to make tomorrow pretty rough. I'd agree that it falls into LHT.
    http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best