Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Acne!

Acne!

Shop Now
    So I have been paleo before and my acne actually cleared up quite nicely. Now I am VLC >25g. I am litterally only eating meat and green leafy vegetables. All the meat is grass-fed natural and the veges are organic. I figure its ketosis and my body moving fat rapidly so as the release of toxins. Anyone else have this problem?

I have been going through that too (2nd week on PB) and I believe it is the toxins releasing as I also have a raging headache ! A few people on here having given up dairy for the same reason, so it may or may not be that too?

Thanks for replying but currently I am dairy free.

It's most likely bacterial die off, or a Herxheimer reaction. I had the same problem. I would get acne is weird places, under my arms, behind my ears. It'll go away. If it's particularly bothersome charcoal capsules may help.

Do you drink coffee? I've found that if I have coffee more than once or twice a week, I start to break out. Sleep and sunlight are also important factors -- too little of either can cause skin problems.

Nope completely coffee free. My daily food intake is literally just fatty meats, fermented fish oil and some leafy greens.

That happened to me recently when I quit eating nuts and started eating more coconut.

Shop Now
    Hormones? After I went primal my skin cleared up 100% except for a few days around my time of the month which I can deal with. I much prefer one breakout a month as compared to multiple.