Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marine Corps Officer new to paleo. page

LtDevilNuts is offline Junior Member

Marine Corps Officer new to paleo.

Primal Fuel
    I've been sticking to the paleo diet for about 2 months now. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. I've lost 20 lbs I didn't know I had to lose! I'm much leaner which serves me well in the military. This website has been very helpful finding resources and learning about paleo. Sounds crazy to lose so much weight so fast, but keep in mind, we run ALL the time, which helped in that process.

The only problem i'm finding is that i'm starting to get bored with what the same meals everyday and find myself going back to some of the garbage i previously ate just to change it up. I've seen some good recipes on this website, are there any other resources that offer different meals? I'm excited to be on the forums!
    -LtDevilNuts

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Welcome LtDevilNuts! I've kind of hit a "menu plateau" myself, but the results trump food boredom. Keep poking around here, and elsewhere on the net for interesting recipes you might want to try out. Also eating new types of animals is fun too, organ meats as well. Good luck

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Often you can google any idea with "paleo" and get a lot of recipes, plus there are free books with reader recipes here on Mark's site. And recipes on the main MDA blog. What kinds of stuff do you like, and want to learn to fix different ways?
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

I've been eating organic chicken from walmart of all places. I cook it up in the morning and mix it with some microwaveable vegetables and walnuts. I throw it all in a container and eat it throughout the day. Dinner is almost always salmon steak, vegetables and maybe a small bit of dark chocolate. I've seen people go back and forth on bacon. I've been eating more of it since it's delicious and not an as bad as eating other things (at least that's what i've told myself).

Very true about the chow hall, it's not impossible to eat paleo at the chow hall, but it's not easy. Almost everything is fried and lord knows if there's anything real in the "meat" they serve.

Thanks for all the responses.

jedikelly is offline Member
    Lt you gotta get some steak in there!

Quote Originally Posted by jedikelly View Post
    Lt you gotta get some steak in there!
    blarg! can't believe I'm agreeing with a "jedi" but yeah, MEAT- RED MEAT is where it is.

Here's a question, how much does "organic" really matter? If i go in to walmart (which is the only place to buy anything near camp lejeune) and pick up some standard red meat, steak, etc, is that paleo enough or is it worth the drive to Raleigh to pay $22 a pound at whole foods?

It's worth it to buy conventional red meat. "Organic" is less important than "grass fed"/"grass finished" or pastured. But you'll still get benefit from eating conventional red meat, especially if it keeps you from burning out and eating a bunch of sweets or something.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    There are toooooooooooooons of great/easy paleo recipes. Check out Mark's cookbook as well as the recipes on this site. You can also check out The Foodee Project | Meals for the paleo lifestyle which compiles recipes from various paleo sites. Yesterday I made Mexican Stew from It's Too Hard!!! And a not so hard recipe | Everyday Paleo which was a nice change for making beef stew. Really tasty, really easy and I have meals in the fridge and freezer for future days. I added some green bell pepper and used a different enchilada sauce, but it still came out great!
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lt....I'm not former military but I do heavily support y'all ...especially the Corps. But I am a fellow North Carolinian.And I know that you can get some excellent meats at your local Food Lion. I live southwest of Raleigh and my food lions have fantastic cuts of red meat. Much better than Wal Mart!
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast