Thread: ideas for a weight gain shake? page

sandokan2112 is offline Member

ideas for a weight gain shake?

Primal Fuel
    hey guys, i need some input for a weight gain shake that i could consume twice a day (9:00am and 3:00pm)
    I do heavy manual labor from 6:30am till about 5 to 6pm. And i lift heavy weights a couple of times a week.
    Im trying to put on about 5 to 10lbs of muscle (or at least maintain what i have)
    I eat a big breakfast/lunch/supper, but i burn sooo many calories during the day, its still not enough calories.
    If i could consume a shake with my 9am and 3pm break (we only take a 5 min break, so theres no time for food)
    I need the shake to have plenty of fat protein and carbs, but all i keep seeing online for weight gaining shakes is people adding oatmeal or a shit load of fruit for their carb source. I dont eat oatmeal and for fruit i pretty much only eat berries (and they are not very calorie dense)
    So i guess finding the right carb source to incorporate in my shake is the biggest issue. Fats and proteins in not a problem.
    Sorry to make this thread sooo long.
    I guess finding the right type of carb source for the shake is the tricky part.
    thanx

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Rice syrup is all glucose, no fructose.

I'll bet that a well-baked sweet potato would blend up pretty nicely, too.

Gordo

simodalcais is offline Senior Member
    I mix Eggs , Honey and Water ......its got all your looking for and doesn't taste too shabby
    100g of Egg contains 9.3 g protein , 3.3 g Fat , 1.3 g Carbs ( 133 calories )...according to the label on the egg carton ,
    1Tbsp Honey contains 15g Carbs ( 60 calories ) , according to Honey Nutrition Facts

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    quart of milk, two scoops whey protein isolate (unflavored), two tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp honey and / or 1 banana, coconut milk as desired. Blend well and get it all down on days you need a calorie surplus. This is about 1/2 Paleo, 1/2 standard bodybuilder stuff. Helps me gain about 1 lb / week mostly muscle.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    If looking for carbs, I would rather use rice/corn (not HFCS, but Karo or similar) syrup as Gordo said, since they're all glucose. As for the rest of the shake Richard Nikoley's Liquid Fat Bomb is pretty promising: 4 oz heavy cream, 4-5 oz coconut milk, splenda (use syrup instead), 1 egg, 1 Tbsp vanilla extract for taste. 850 cal, plus whatever carbs you add.

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post

I'll bet that a well-baked sweet potato would blend up pretty nicely, too.
    I was also going to suggest this.
    Along with egg yolks (they have 1/2 the protein of the egg, practically all the nutrition, and (most importantly) none of the anti-nutrients--raw egg whites are not so great b/c of the lectins). Like, LOTS of egg yolks. The cholesterol will help you make testosterone, too. Coconut oil and creamed coconut would be good. Creamed coconut (plain, as in: no sugar added) has a ton of calories: http://www.amazon.com/Lets-Do-Organi.../dp/B00113ZZ5U. This is a more natural, completely paleo version. No dairy or fructose needed, though I'm not against entirely against dairy (it's a good weight gain hack, if necessary).
    Last edited by ZoŽ; 03-19-2011 at 06:25 PM.

sandokan2112 is offline Member
    some great ideas for me to work with... thanx :-)