Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Coconut products spilling out of my kithcen page

  1. #1
    stephenmarklay's Avatar
    stephenmarklay is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    150

    Coconut products spilling out of my kithcen

    Primal Fuel
    Man I just can't believe how many coconut products I have going on on the homestead. I am a little amazed at the differences as well.

    Coconut milk is very creamy and goes well in smoothies and coffee.
    Coconut oil is great for cooking. Maybe better than my premium butter.
    Coconut flour! My wife battered the cod with it last night and fried it in coconut oil! Yum
    I have been eating whole coconuts but I have been getting some that are less than fresh so I am not going to bother. But the Coconut flakes are now in my fridge with a nice sweet flavor. For sure from fresh coconuts.
    I just bought some Coconut butter and this is a bit different as well. The oil seems to rise to the top and the more fiber/sweet parts are underneath. That taste is almost Carmel and is similar in color to the flour (more tan).

    There are certainly even more.

    How are you guys eating your coconuts?????

  2. #2
    Fairychilde's Avatar
    Fairychilde is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    142
    I have all of the same ingredients in the house at all times. Artsiana coconut butter is my snack to eat before bed just straight out of the jar. When I first open the jar I put the whole jar in a little hot water for about 20 minutes to soften it up so I can stir the fat up with the meat and it is good until the last bite. My 3 year old loves the coconut butter as much as I do! I am so going to try frying the fish in coconut flour now too

  3. #3
    Balance's Avatar
    Balance is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SF, California
    Posts
    810
    I am not only eating all the coconut products you mentioned. But I also apply it to my skin as a lotion when needed. I love coconuts!
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

    People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

  4. #4
    simodalcais's Avatar
    simodalcais is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Adelaide , Australia
    Posts
    158
    coconut flour is awesome for fish , I work in the seafood industry and have access to things most people dont ( fish cheeks for instance lol ) and it works a treat for everything . Gonna try using it on squid today , gonna stuff some baby squid tubes with snapper ( put fish bones in hot water for 10 mins then picked out all the meat ) spring onion and chinese celery, coat the tubes with coconut flour , chives and chilli seeds , and fry away !!

  5. #5
    Clymb's Avatar
    Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    827
    Coconut butter tastes like caramel??

  6. #6
    NicoleP's Avatar
    NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hampstead NC
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairychilde View Post
    I have all of the same ingredients in the house at all times. Artsiana coconut butter is my snack to eat before bed just straight out of the jar. When I first open the jar I put the whole jar in a little hot water for about 20 minutes to soften it up so I can stir the fat up with the meat and it is good until the last bite. My 3 year old loves the coconut butter as much as I do! I am so going to try frying the fish in coconut flour now too
    I love Artsiana coconut butter, but it is way to expensive. I think I paid $24 for the last jar. I am going to try this next time and save myself $20.

    Homemade Coconut Butter | Heather Eats Almond Butter

  7. #7
    Suzan's Avatar
    Suzan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    331
    Yes I have all of those, plus coconut crystals. (like sugar.) I used it VERY sparingly, just a dusting here and there.

  8. #8
    stephenmarklay's Avatar
    stephenmarklay is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    150
    I did the same thing and my 2.5 year old seemed to give me the thumbs up on it. I am trying to get him off chronic almond butter so this might help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairychilde View Post
    I have all of the same ingredients in the house at all times. Artsiana coconut butter is my snack to eat before bed just straight out of the jar. When I first open the jar I put the whole jar in a little hot water for about 20 minutes to soften it up so I can stir the fat up with the meat and it is good until the last bite. My 3 year old loves the coconut butter as much as I do! I am so going to try frying the fish in coconut flour now too

  9. #9
    stephenmarklay's Avatar
    stephenmarklay is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    150
    I was really surprised the the 16oz jar at my local (expensive) organic market was 10.99!

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleP View Post
    I love Artsiana coconut butter, but it is way to expensive. I think I paid $24 for the last jar. I am going to try this next time and save myself $20.

    Homemade Coconut Butter | Heather Eats Almond Butter

  10. #10
    stephenmarklay's Avatar
    stephenmarklay is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    150
    Tell me exactly how you make it work. My wife used too much flour I think and it mostly flaked off and my 2.5 year old detected fish and it was all over

    Anyway to make it stick like fish sticks?

    Quote Originally Posted by simodalcais View Post
    coconut flour is awesome for fish , I work in the seafood industry and have access to things most people dont ( fish cheeks for instance lol ) and it works a treat for everything . Gonna try using it on squid today , gonna stuff some baby squid tubes with snapper ( put fish bones in hot water for 10 mins then picked out all the meat ) spring onion and chinese celery, coat the tubes with coconut flour , chives and chilli seeds , and fry away !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •