Thread: alternate heavy work outs needed while healing from hand injury page

awalker is offline Junior Member

alternate heavy work outs needed while healing from hand injury

Shop Now
    i broke my left ring finger yesterday (running around the playground with my students acting primal ) i will require surgury/ five weeks hand rest. im new to PB but have been doing slow burn strength training for 3 years. basically a low carber that decided to give up all grains sugar and sugar subs. 4 wks ago. i already in 4 weeks lowered BF 3 % and lost 6 lbs but mostlly im sleeping thru the night again. (im 46) i feel so much better in all areas. i never realized how much sugar free crap i was using until i quit it all. no more cravings or guilt. in 30 days i have had 2 servings of dark 90% chocolate and 2 tsp of honey. no other sugar! it was not hard for me at all. it is mostly psycological now that i have my hormones and tastebuds in check. i am needing some alternitive heavy work outs while i am recuping. no pushups or my arm curls etc. any suggestions out there?

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    What training are you currently doing? And give us some more details about the break - specifically what position is your finger currently in?

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Squat.
    You don't need your hands.

awalker is offline Junior Member
    i basically subscibe to mark dehauhns slow burn home work out because i can not afford or have time for gym right now so i do floor exercise and weights doing push ups, curls,squats with no weights using door handle for support, slow crunchs, side, front plank,leg lifts using leg weights,shoulder shrugs, calve raises, no weight. i broke my left ring finger, the bone was damaged pretty bad so i will have to have pins installed monday. 5 weeks for recovery my surgeon says.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by awalker View Post
    i basically subscibe to mark dehauhns slow burn home work out because i can not afford or have time for gym right now so i do floor exercise and weights doing push ups, curls,squats with no weights using door handle for support, slow crunchs, side, front plank,leg lifts using leg weights,shoulder shrugs, calve raises, no weight. i broke my left ring finger, the bone was damaged pretty bad so i will have to have pins installed monday. 5 weeks for recovery my surgeon says.
    It seems like you could pretty much all of that with your injury. Are you looking for a new workout (you mentioned "heavy" but not quite sure what you mean by this)?