Thread: Cancer: Cause and cure - Percy Weston page

Misabi is offline Senior Member

Cancer: Cause and cure - Percy Weston

Primal Fuel
    Percy Weston links high phosphorus levels in his crops to cancer & arthritis

I've spent the past couple of days reading Percy Weston's book "Cancer: cause and cure" and am finding it really interesting.

He came to the conclusion that the cancers he was seeing in his farming community, as well arthritis and polio were due to excess phosphorous, by way of phosphate fertilizers and deficiencies of other minerals.

He developed a low phosphorous diet (looking at the natural levels in the food as well as any increases due to how they were fertilized) and a mineral supplement, which he used to cure himself of a tumor on his hand, arthritis in both shoulders and his wife of cancer of the uterus, then later breast cancer.

I know there are a few people on here who have done lots of research on mineral deficiencies, have any of you come across this theory before? Our seen any scientific evidence which supports Weston's findings?

isaboblue is offline Senior Member
    I don't know for sure, but he's probably pretty darn close to the mark. Have you ever heard of the Gerson Therapy? Dr. Gerson went before a congressional subcommittee in 1946, but it was considered too 'radical' that diet could affect your health. (duh) Anyway, the therapy consists of a very intensive routine of juicing (you need a particular kind of juicer for the specific type of cell breakdown) with a combination of daily coffee enemas. I do disagree with the fact that the Gerson folks don't advocate meat. It's totally vegetarian with very few grains which they don't really deem necessary, but I think they missed the boat on grass fed everything.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Weston mentions the Gerson treatment saying that while it was good, some of the foods on the recommended diet were to high in phosphorous. And that Had they been removed Gerson's method would have been much improved.

Weston advised that to treat cancer one should drop all grains due to the high phosphorous (both naturally as a seed and from the modern the fertilizer) and reduce meat, eggs, dairy and any veggies likely to have been fertilized with highly soluble phosphates as much as possible. This leaves veggies and fruit organically grown using good practices.

How high phosphorous the second group is when the super phosphate is removed from the equation I can't say, so it may be that he's talking about only this produced using modern intensive farming practices and if you are eating all organic they are ok. But grains seem to be the main culprit due to the high concentrations of phosphates.

isaboblue is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. Well, I guess I'll be buying Percy Weston's book!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith