Thread: Fresh Tomato Soup page

She-Rah is offline Junior Member

Fresh Tomato Soup

Shop Now
    Just watched this on the food network and had to try it. OMG is it ever delicious. I only made 2 cups. Adjust as needed. For my amount I used:
    3 large tomatoes, 2tblsp tomato paste, 2 Fresh cloves crushed garlic, 1/2 red pepper seeded & sliced thin, 2 Tbsp minced red onion, 1/3 cup each dry white wine & reduced sodium chicken broth.

prep the tomatoes by cutting in half cross ways, scooping out the seeds, turn the halves cup side down on the cutting board and giving them a smash to flatten. Cut into strips.

2 Tbsp olive oil in a deep pot, add onion, garlic, peppers. Sauté for a few minutes then add tomatoes. Cook a few more minutes then add tomato paste, wine and broth. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes. Puree with emulsion blender. I left it a bit chunky.
    Last edited by She-Rah; 03-19-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: To add tomato paste

MJinLV is offline Senior Member
    Sounds yummy. I've been making this one from Sunny Anderson all winter. I sub chicken broth instead of veggie broth.
    Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe : Sunny Anderson : Food Network
    Food should be fun--Thomas Keller

She-Rah is offline Junior Member
    That sounds delicious too. Roasting veggies bring out so much flavor. I was going for the immediate gratification :-). But I'm getting ready to make a big batch now & I think I'll add the roasting step this time. I may also add some ingredients to end up with something more spaghetti sauce-like. Also making those meatballs from the member cookbook I downloaded. happy cooking!!

Davidhogg is offline Junior Member
    Thank you MDA. I search google with health, food, fitness(and other) related questions and 7/10 time I come to your website. I have the primal blueprint and I appreciate the insights in each of the newsletters. But for today, thanks for the simply good recipe.

appbagha is offline Junior Member
    yes,I appreciate the insights in each of the newsletters. But for today, thanks for the simply good recipe.

ileneo is offline Junior Member

I also roast 6--8 tomatoes, one onion, one head of garlic. I sprinkle 1 tsp paprika and 1 tsp Italian seasoning plus olive oil. Then I puree it all in a blender with some beef, chicken or vegetable broth. (squeeze the garlic out of the cloves before pureeing)

Cordof is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    That sounds really good, and tomatoes are in season here so really cheap. I feel that coming on for dinner sometime this week