Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a new Magazine - Oxygen is anti-Primal page

I am Grokette is offline Junior Member

Need a new Magazine - Oxygen is anti-Primal

Primal Fuel
    Hi there!

I'm super tired of reading Oxygen magazines that focus on chronic cardio, higher-carb and low-fat... Along with the million ads that just repeat themselves.

Since I love reading magazines, I was hoping that someone might recommend better more primal-friendly reading?

Thanks!
    Kristina
    I am Grokette - Learning to live happy, healthy and primal.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I haven't found one. There are gluten-free mags at Whole Foods but they are in no way Primal. For cooking I'd look to traditional magazines like Saveur or Bon Appetit. Traditional French cooking, like Julia Child, is pretty Primal if you leave out the flour thickeners. A Primal/Paleo lifestyle magazine is a great business opportunity for somebody.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    The problem is that ad revenue creates magazine profits, not the price the reader pays for the mag. Primal/Paleo eating involves very little packaged or processed foods, fancy fitness equipment, weird supplements, and so on, and thus loses a major ad revenue stream in comparison to most other health-oriented lifestyle magazines.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Buttercup is offline Senior Member
    I really like Outside magazine. You obviously won't find recipes, but their fitness guides are great (mostly...still subject to some CW) and the features keep me stoked about getting outside, imagine that.
    The Paleo Periodical
    It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    The problem is that ad revenue creates magazine profits, not the price the reader pays for the mag. Primal/Paleo eating involves very little packaged or processed foods, fancy fitness equipment, weird supplements, and so on, and thus loses a major ad revenue stream in comparison to most other health-oriented lifestyle magazines.
    If "Clean eating" can do a magazine, so can primal/paleo

Vibram and the many new competitors
    Protein powders (oh please, I bet about 30% of the people on paleo/primal use PP's at one time or another)
    Supplements -lemmme think what has been recommended to me or someone on the forum in the past week....fishoil, magnesium, D, BCAA, KI (just kidding)......
    The avocado council or whoever
    Coconut products
    Grassfed meat sellers
    Larabars (Lets not forget that you only have to be vaguely primal to advertise primal...after all your biggest market are those on the borderline)
    Primal getaways/outdoor adventure stuff

Oh there is plenty of advertisement to be had. And a magazine would spur a market. I foresee the company that makes the little om necklaces to sell in the back of YJ and the mini runner in RW coming up with a little grok pendant.

Damn...maybe I need to start a magazine.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

goodangels is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations for you, but if Oprah follows the advice given in her Oxygen magazine, it would give sufficient clues why her weight yo-yo's up and down and she struggles to stay below 200 lbs.
    Last edited by goodangels; 03-20-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    Magazines are too 20th century for me, lol.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    muscle and fitness hers (my fave) has, that i've payed attention to, more meat and veggie based recipes than grainy ones and several issues back they did an article on paleo eating

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    With all the fascinating info on the internet, I'm amazed that people still buy magazines. Other than having something to take to the bathroom with you, what's the point? (Take in a cross-word puzzle instead.)

adorpkeer is offline Junior Member

dapoxetine priligy buy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast