Thread: Delicious Desert Blueberry-Peach Cobbler page

daveyace is offline Member

Delicious Desert Blueberry-Peach Cobbler

Primal Fuel
    Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed 1 tablespoon cornstarch cup orange juice 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries 2 cups juice-packed canned peach halves, drained and chopped cup unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/3 cup skim milk
    Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use an 8-inch square baking pan that is nonstick or lightly spray the pan with vegetable cooking spray. Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, and orange juice in a saucepan. Bring to a coil and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in blueberries and peaches. Transfer mixture to baking dish. Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl. Add milk and stir until ingredients are just moistened. Drop the flour mixture on the blueberries and peaches by the tablespoonful. Bake for 20 minutes or until cobbler topping turns golden. Slice into 6 squares.
    Calories Per Serving: 161

Nutritional Value

Fat: 0.5g
    Cholesterol: 0.2mg
    Protein: 3g
    Carbohydrates: 37 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2 g
    Sodium: 70 mg

Enjoy

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Or you could just eat a Snickers bar...
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

cookie is offline Senior Member
    sounds great! could easily sub out the ap flour for almond flour and a pinch of coconut flour.
    snickers are packed with corn syrup and shitty fats and crappy sources of carbs, where this, though a little carb high, has some really quality ingredients. no need to criticize food choices., though i am sure it was meant in a positive way.
    thanks for the recipe, daveyace!
    Last edited by cookie; 03-19-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: forgot to mention almond flour!

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    sounds great! could easily sub out the ap flour for almond flour and a pinch of coconut flour.
    snickers are packed with corn syrup and shitty fats and crappy sources of carbs, where this, though a little carb high, has some really quality ingredients. no need to criticize food choices., though i am sure it was meant in a positive way.
    thanks for the recipe, daveyace!
    Really? I mean the combo of 4 tablespoons of sugar, 3/4 cup orange juice, canned fruit, fresh fruit is a TON of carbs...and to top it all, SKIMMED milk? I'm just not clear what the connection is between this recipe and primal food. The one and only primal ingredient in it is the blueberries.

By the way, I'd be much gentler, if it weren't for the spammy signature line advertising weight loss programs.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

keljl+2 is offline Junior Member
    Don't forget there's also the cornstarch and the all-purpose flour...
    This recipe is in no way primal, it is simply a SAD recipe - what is it doing here?

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    The spammers are getting more sophisticated but are still easy to spot. I wonder if these folks are paid to post this crap.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

cookie is offline Senior Member
    you are right. i feel badly for getting defensive, but my trigger is getting shorter for members attacking others food choices.
    i am naive, i guess, and wouldn't spot this as an infiltration.
    again, i'm sorry for being an asshole.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    you are right. i feel badly for getting defensive, but my trigger is getting shorter for members attacking others food choices.
    i am naive, i guess, and wouldn't spot this as an infiltration.
    again, i'm sorry for being an asshole.
    Hey, no need to apologize! No offense taken at all...
    Liz.