Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey to healing my adrenals/thyroid page

hannahm34 is offline Member

Journey to healing my adrenals/thyroid

Primal Fuel
    Will do my absolute best to post every single day. I need to fix my adrenal fatigue and sluggish thyroid. I am looking for a GOOD doc right now to help me with all of this, however anyone who has ANY advice on the adrenals and thyroid, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN AND GIVE ME SOME ADVICE. I am very open to suggestions and am serious about finding health.

Background on me: Have been active ALL of my life. Became borderline anorexic for about 2 years in my early 20's. Have battled with body dismorphia, severe caloric restriction, binging, and overdoing the cardio for quite awhile. Found Mark's Daily apple over 2 years ago and it totally changed my view on nutrition. Have been eating primally for over 2 years. Initially lost some fat, but took the lifting weights, and HIIT too far which brought me to stage 3 adrenal fatigue. Got pregnant shortly after I started my protocol. My baby is now 7 months and I am stuck with about 20 pounds to lose....or should I say 2 sizes to lose since the scale doesn't mean everything. This is where I am now. Had my normal family doc check my thyroid: TSH=2.45 Free T4=1.41 Total T3= 67. He told me I'm "normal". So as I start this journal I am also looking for a GOOD doctor who will work with me, support me eating primally, and help me regain my health. (Although I really don't feel that bad) However something is going on, because this weight is NOT coming off!

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    *wave* Hi! Looking forward to reading your progress
    Calm the f**k down.

Today:

1 Tbs coconut oil
    a few pieces of 100% cocoa/goji berri bar from whole foods
    burger (no bun) sauteed onions/mushrooms
    salad with guacomole
    a few sweet potato fries
    2 glasses of cabernet

no exercise but ran errands all day

mood was good, felt positive most of the day despite being very worried about my adrenal/thyroid issues

Lifted weights this am
    Walked 3 miles this evening

Today: ~1500 cals
    3 tbs coconut oil (I've read it is good for the thyroid)
    taco salad: organic lettuce, guacamole, salsa, chicken, black olives
    salmon
    3 slices of bacon
    mixture of toasted shredded coconut, coconut flour, coconut milk and 100% cocoa nibs

felt a little tired today
    always seem to feel better in the evening times when I get home

No workout today.

3 tbs coconut oil
    chicken breast
    6 slices of bacon
    broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, parsley
    coconut flour/shredded coconut and cocoa nibs

felt on top of the world after I ate 3 tbs of coconut oil at 11 am!!

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    how are you eating 3 tbsp of coconut oil? I can barely take one down by itself, I usually have put in my coffee or tea lol!
    Calm the f**k down.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I realized I had adrenal issues when I went primal and low carb. It was horrible at first. Upping my carbs some and adding sea salt helped tremendously. I don't feel like I'm going to pass out every time I stand up so big improvement. I recently had a tissue mineral analysis done and it really nailed my health history and said that I have a sluggish thyroid and adrenal fatigue most likely. It recommended several supplements, ok like five or six, and I've started those. It's too soon to tell if this will be life changing but I'm hoping so.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Metismomma: LOL! I can barely choke it down! In fact sometimes I mix it with my food! (sweet potatoes, today). It's weird, but in the last 3 days since staring the Coconut oil....I have a lot more energy! ( I hope it's for the good and not overworking my adrenals!)

Shat: That's funny you say that, because I'm still experimenting, but am begining to think that when I eat sweet potatoes and squash, I feel better. ( I just worry that maybe my carbs are too high, though. I really need to get these pounds off) I'm going to an integrative health clinic next week to check out my adrenals and thyroid. I'm praying that this will be the "right" clinic! I hear so many people say it's hard to find a good adrenal doc. Let me know about your progress....i'm interested!

Today.....
    Lifted weights in the am
    walked 3 miles this evening

food:
    3 tbs coconut oil
    2 chix breasts
    bacon
    sweet potatoes
    coconut mixture

Walked 2 miles