Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Example diet page

kurite is offline Senior Member

Example diet

Primal Fuel
    Hey so still trying to get use to low carb as I have been really high fruit paleo for some time. Anyway I'm actually finding it difficult to get in enough cals just from meat. Can some of you give me a daily menu with aproximate amounts that you eat?
    thanks

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    You're having trouble getting in calories from meat? Big steak=all the calories you need.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    I was posting messages like this a while ago so I'll jump in.

Yesterday (a bit too snacky at night b/c dinner was at 10PM and I was starving...)

B - 4 hard boiled eggs drizzled with sesame oil (I find the extra pure fat helps hold me longer - I was using butter but am trying no dairy for a bit)

L - 1 bone-in chicken breast roasted (6 oz cooked) and then shredded over 3 c salad greens, 1 tbsp homemade mayo, side of braised cabbage (<- the best!)

S - 1 oz shredded unsweetened coconut

S - 2 whole eggs, 2 whites, fried in coconut butter served over lettuce with homemade vinaigrette

Crossfit

D - 1 c broccoli cooked in coconut oil, 2 c cabbage and some onion sauteed in coconut oil with 2 chicken sausages
    Des - too much coconut butter and 1/2 c blueberries with a splash of coconut milk

This got me to 2200 ish calories.

cavemanj is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday was a heavy lift day for me. So...

- Avocado + raw coconut
    - Beef short rib
    - Sweet potato + shrimp
    (workout)
    - Sweet potato + 8oz steak (post workout)
    - Beef short rib

I was undisciplined and snacked on some cheese and pork rinds while drinking wine. All meat was grass fed. The above is about normal what I will eat on a heavy lifting day. If I'm not lifting I will cut out the potatoes and eat more coconut / avocado / salad. Normally I eat more veggies but it was a food shopping day and I was out.

Lots of coffee.
    Last edited by cavemanj; 03-19-2011 at 05:27 AM.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I keep a pretty good food journal on my blog...I post pics when my iphone manages to take a decent one. I don't weigh/measure so the pics are a good idea of serving sizes. I think I have the most pictures in Feb Welcome to my World of Grey » Blog Archive » Primal Journal Feb 2011 - Greyhounds and more greyhounds (and some other stuff too) but here's a link to the past two months and the current month Welcome to my World of Grey » Primal Journals - Greyhounds and more greyhounds (and some other stuff too) I usually eat pretty low carb - 50-100 g/day except lately I've had a fruit thing going on...a weird obsession with frozen strawberries. <rolls eyes>

edit: yikes...i think i need to work on re-naming my pages/posts or whatever b/c those links auto-converted to be ridiculously long. sorry 'bout that!
    Last edited by kennelmom; 03-19-2011 at 05:18 AM.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Heather, Your Blog is WONDERFUL. Just sayin'. I bookmarked you!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Here's a typical weekday for me:

IF until noon or later. (But if you're not at the IFing stage, there's nothing wrong with having a few egg muffins or something for breakfast.)

Meal #1: BAS with 2 cups spinach; misc steamed/roasted veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, carrots; half an avocado; 4-6 oz wild caught fish or canned tuna; dressing made with fish oil.

Meal #2: 2 lamb chops; small sweet potato or butternut squash roasted in coconut oil; 2-3 cups kale sauteed in bacon grease with onions and garlic.

Remember that you don't have to get all your energy from meat. Fat is delicious and calorie-dense.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Kris C is offline Senior Member
    My calorie counts genrally end up between 1300 and 1800, depends on the day and what (if) I snack on. Here's a typical couple of days:
    2 eggs over easy with 3 pieces bacon, spinach with feta, all cooked in butter; tuna with mayo on romaine leaves OR leftover chicken on sweet butter lettuce with tomatoes and cucumbers with homemade caesar dressing; barramundi or salmon (either cooked with butter) with asparagus OR steak with roasted potatoes, carrot and green beans (or some other veggie side dish; potatoes are maybe twice a month). Snacks depend on my mood, usually dark chocolate, sometimes macadamias or pistachios. Most lunches are salad based with some sort of protein and fat, dinner is usually fish, steak or chicken with a veggie side. And breakfast is always the eggs and spinach and bacon combo. My meals tend to repeat every -10 days and are somewhat boring, but I like them quite a bit.
    Starting weight: 168 lbs
    Current weight: 168 lbs
    Goal weight: whatever makes me look strong and healthy!

Current goal: No More Muffin Top!!
    a real pushup, a real pull-up, weekly sprints

Visit my journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76206.htmlKris' Place for Primal Rantings...because everyone else thinks she's nuts

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Meal #2: 2 lamb chops; small sweet potato or butternut squash roasted in coconut oil; 2-3 cups kale sauteed in bacon grease with onions and garlic.
    How long do you sauté the kale for?

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    How long do you sauté the kale for?
    Oh, I don't know. Maybe 4 minutes over medium-high heat? Just until it turns bright green and wilty. Use plenty of fat. You can also toss in a couple tablespoons of water as it cooks to speed things up via steam.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast