Thread: Vitamins and Supplements ... page

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member

Vitamins and Supplements ...

I was wondering if any of the vitamins and supplements I'm taking is unnecessary. Here's what I take ..

Morning:

Multivitamin (Men's One Multi Energy) Amazon.com: Men's One Energy Multivitamin 90 tablets: Health & Personal Care
    Carlson's Fish Oil 1000 mg
    Zinc 30 mg
    Probiotics

Afternoon:

Vitamin B Complex

Night:

Vitamin D3 2000 IU Carlson Drops

Calcium/Magnesium Complex

I'm 16 years old, and mainly taking vitamins/supplements to boost my energy and help keep my skin clear. Any input?
    Last edited by echoyjeff222; 03-18-2011 at 05:30 PM.
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

peril is offline Senior Member
    As you are taking VitD and magnesium and eating paleo, calcium is probably unnecessary and may even be deleterious. Consider taking a magnesium only supplement.

Zinc is probably warranted, but you need to be careful of the dose. 30mg seems high. Consider having a hair tissue mineral analysis to check your mineral levels. High zinc can interfere with you body's use of copper and iron. It is important to have minerals in balance
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    As you are taking VitD and magnesium and eating paleo, calcium is probably unnecessary and may even be deleterious. Consider taking a magnesium only supplement.

Zinc is probably warranted, but you need to be careful of the dose. 30mg seems high. Consider having a hair tissue mineral analysis to check your mineral levels. High zinc can interfere with you body's use of copper and iron. It is important to have minerals in balance
    why is calcium unneeded/deleterious just b/c i'm taking vitamin D and magnesium?
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Because they both assist the body to properly process dietary calcium. Most problems with calcium are not due to deficiency but to biounavailability due to deficiencies in VitD and magnesium
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine