Thread: Ready brek page

UkBfG is offline Junior Member

Ready brek

Primal Fuel
    Yes i know its out of a packet???? but as somthing i can eat at work after i have been in the gym wqould it be any good or can any one give some advise of what i could have

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Hi ukbfg,
    It's not just about it being out of a packet, but more about it being oats.

Have you read the primal blue print book, or the pb 101 guides ?
    They're a good place to start.

If you have a microwave at work then pretty much anything's on the menu. I take leftovers from the previous night's dinner, or things like boiled eggs, canned salmon and cottage cheese (much tastier than it sounds, especially with a big lump of butter melted into it).

What you eat and if you should eat after working out depends on your goals, how often you are training and how intensely.
    E.g. if your main goal is to lose body fat / weight, then not eating for a few hours each side of your workout would be good, but if you are trying to pack on muscle, then eating straight away could be the better option. Also, you may need to increase your carb intake on the days when you have heavy/intense workouts. If so, do it using primal carbs, such as sweet potatoes, yams, pumpkin, etc. rather than oats or pasta.

Different people find different things work better, so experiment on yourself to find what suits your body.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Why not eat hard boiled eggs, beef jerky, cheese, and/or fresh fruit? There are lots of primal food choices that are fairly portable.

UkBfG is offline Junior Member
    i have the book but am finding it hard to understand. i prob need to read it thro a couple times to get to grips with it.

training wise i only do about 45 to 60 min every morning before work on the cv machines as for now my ain is to shed some weight. i will try harder with thte book and hopfully make sense of it all then i will have a fuller under standing of it.

cheers for your replies guys

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    I'll do a quick summary of a couple of the rules for you then -

Grains are bad
    Overtraining is bad

Have a peek here
    Primal Blueprint 101 | Mark's Daily Apple
    it might be a little easier to digest.

Good luck!