Thread: Could yogurt be causing my slower weight loss? page

Could yogurt be causing my slower weight loss?

Shop Now
    When we were Primal for the first time in the summer of last year, we (DH and myself) both lost weight pretty fast and steady. We were Primal for about two months before I got a PT job on top of my FT job and we just went downhill from there, right back where we began. EDIT: I no longer work 2 jobs...So we started again, and we're Primal for about three weeks now. But we haven't been as aggressive about it as we were last year - corn chips if we went to a restaurant, a tortilla here and there, just "little things" but we did discover how bad we felt after having those LITTLE things so now we've completely cut out the chocolate, corn, and everything else we failed to go cold turkey on this time around.

Obviously those things probably affected us more than we figured, because it seems that even though I've lost around 6 lbs in 2-3 weeks, it just doesn't seem the same as it was last year. Not as fast, not as noticeable. I wonder if still eating cheese (not abundantly, just occasionally) and yogurt - I have one Fage/day or another brand of Greek Yogurt could be suspect to my slower loss.

This is typical these days:
    Breakfast - banana (because I'm usually not hungry in the mornings now) and black coffee
    Lunch - leftovers from dinner - today was pepper steak
    Dinner - roasted chicken or salmon patties (made with almond meal), grilled salmon and veggies, or roast - somewhere along those lines.

Sometimes I don't eat dinner, I cook, but if I nibble as I'm cooking I may not even be hungry by the time it's done.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of Paleo, but I'm not sure of the differences, other than no dairy, right?

I'm sure there's a LOT wrong with this...hit me with it.
    Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Removing dairy is usually a catalyst for accelerated weight loss and/or removal of bloating, which you might have if your 3 pounds per week isn't noticeable to you. Good luck to you and Darth Halibut!
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Removing dairy is usually a catalyst for accelerated weight loss and/or removal of bloating, which you might have if your 3 pounds per week isn't noticeable to you. Good luck to you and Darth Halibut!
    LOL!! Darth Halibut. AKA - Dear Husband!
    thanks!
    Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.