Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Potassium Iodine for this on the west coast........ page

confused_monkey is offline Senior Member

Potassium Iodine for this on the west coast........

Shop Now
    I want to be ready in case of a nuclear emergency but I can't find potassium iodine anywhere (at a good price). Any help would be appreciated.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    From what I read the doses will be tiny and potassium iodine can cause all kinds of issues. I'd skip it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Potassium iodine supps can be ordered online. Iodoral is a reputable brand. Try Amazon, Vitamin Shoppe, etc.

Incidentally, low iodine levels are almost universal in breast cancer patients. Food for thought.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Read about side effects please. I took the recommended amount as a supplement a while back and, whoa nelly, knocked me on my ass.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    From what I read the doses will be tiny and potassium iodine can cause all kinds of issues. I'd skip it.
    OTOH, from what I read, the potential "issues" are pretty minor. I take potassium-iodine supps and haven't had any problems. It is one of those supps best introduced gradually, starting with a quarter dose, to avoid gastrointestinal reactions.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Hey better safe than sorry. I just can't trust anything the government says, first they told us there was no chance radiation would seep out, it did, then they told us it wouldn't travel towards California, it has, and now they are telling us that radiation exposure is going to be minimal...you see the pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Potassium iodine supps can be ordered online. Iodoral is a reputable brand. Try Amazon, Vitamin Shoppe, etc.

Incidentally, low iodine levels are almost universal in breast cancer patients. Food for thought.
    They are selling Iodoral for 120 bucks!!!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    OTOH, from what I read, the potential "issues" are pretty minor. I take potassium-iodine supps and haven't had any problems. It is one of those supps best introduced gradually, starting with a quarter dose, to avoid gastrointestinal reactions.
    I guess I am looking at it differently. If it is a suppliment and you gradually add it that is one thing. If you take it in large quantities to avoid hyped radiation exposure it could be more harmful. Just my opinion of course, and I am glad it is working out for you Having read your blog you seem to know what you are talking about. I just do not see those rushing out to buy it now starting with a quarter dose. Then again, I am a touch jaded
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by confused_monkey View Post
    then they told us it wouldn't travel towards California, it has
    Has it? It doesn't seem like it. Online Geiger Counter Nuclear Radiation Detector Map
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I am a touch jaded
    LOL, me too.

How much are you supposed to take to protect from radiation, anyway? I haven't looked into how that compares to a regular, supplemental dose. Rapid introduction of a lot of potassium iodine certainly could knock a person upside down!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast