Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I call my Dr? Not losing after 3 weeks page

stephiesteph is offline Junior Member

Should I call my Dr? Not losing after 3 weeks

Primal Fuel
    Hello all, any ideas would be appreciated, sorry if this get too long, but I need a little help.
    I've struggled with my weight within 20-30 pounds through my life - I'm 33 now.
    At my thinnest I was in HS was a vegetarian but walked to and from school everyday, ate lots of carbs and cheese. Was about 124 pounds. I'm 5'4"
    Started gaining weight when I started driving so I started working out and started low carbing went back down to size 4, 128 pounds.
    Got comfortable again started dating my now husband and gained 40 pounds over 4 years.

Slowly lost 20 pounds by excersizing and watching what I ate. When our wedding came around the last 3 weeks I had no time to excersize or mess around so I ate no grains the 5 days of the week and cheated a little on the weekends. I lost 10 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks.

Since the wedding, we have been trying to get preg so I have been gaining weight again because of stress eating and depression and also just didn't realize how badly carbs can sneak up on me.
    About 3 weeks ago I started eating the way I did before the wedding and nothing is happening.
    I'm bloated no matter what I eat.
    They way I usually lose weight by just avoiding carbs is almost magical, after a couple days my belly will get flatter, after a week I look like I lost 10 pounds instead of 5. I carry everything in my belly.
    Anyway, after 3 weeks the scale isn't budging, my pants aren't fitting, I feel bloated all the time.
    I don't know what to do. I have been having some honey as a sweetner during the day, something I didn't do before the wedding.
    I just had some blood work done and an abdominal sonogram and they see nothing.
    My mom says the stress is doing it, I'm wondering if I haven't willed a baby belly onto myself!
    I look pregnant but am not! My belly is huge!

I appreciate anyone's thoughts, thank you!

RachelRD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stephiesteph View Post
    Hello all, any ideas would be appreciated, sorry if this get too long, but I need a little help.
    I've struggled with my weight within 20-30 pounds through my life - I'm 33 now.
    At my thinnest I was in HS was a vegetarian but walked to and from school everyday, ate lots of carbs and cheese. Was about 124 pounds. I'm 5'4"
    Started gaining weight when I started driving so I started working out and started low carbing went back down to size 4, 128 pounds.
    Got comfortable again started dating my now husband and gained 40 pounds over 4 years.

Slowly lost 20 pounds by excersizing and watching what I ate. When our wedding came around the last 3 weeks I had no time to excersize or mess around so I ate no grains the 5 days of the week and cheated a little on the weekends. I lost 10 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks.

Since the wedding, we have been trying to get preg so I have been gaining weight again because of stress eating and depression and also just didn't realize how badly carbs can sneak up on me.
    About 3 weeks ago I started eating the way I did before the wedding and nothing is happening.
    I'm bloated no matter what I eat.
    They way I usually lose weight by just avoiding carbs is almost magical, after a couple days my belly will get flatter, after a week I look like I lost 10 pounds instead of 5. I carry everything in my belly.
    Anyway, after 3 weeks the scale isn't budging, my pants aren't fitting, I feel bloated all the time.
    I don't know what to do. I have been having some honey as a sweetner during the day, something I didn't do before the wedding.
    I just had some blood work done and an abdominal sonogram and they see nothing.
    My mom says the stress is doing it, I'm wondering if I haven't willed a baby belly onto myself!
    I look pregnant but am not! My belly is huge!

I appreciate anyone's thoughts, thank you!
    you didnt mention anything about exercise the last 3 weeks?

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Are you in any pain?

If not, and you've had a sonogram, then just chill and be patient, and let your stress levels drop. For the record cortisol (hormone related to stress) causes belly fat accumulation.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like your gut flora is likely quite disrupted, and you haven't allowed your leaky gut time to heal. I'd say stick with high-quality, paleo food for several months. Look into a good probiotic or, better, homemade fermeted foods. These things don't turn around instantly -- give it time.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Honey, albeit more natural, is just another sugar and will help keep you out of a fasted state. You don't mention what you're using it with, but I'd say lose it what ever it is. If you really need a sweetener I'd go with stevia.

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    If you do call your doctor, I hope he/she isn't the useless sack of potatoes that mine was. Prior to being Primal, I went to my doctor after 6 months of not losing any weight despite working out 1.5-2 hours a day and calories at 1000-1200 and she told me well, looks like you should drop it to 800 calories a day. It is really hard to get a doctor in this area and I don't trust them anyway.
    What are you eating specifically? What exercises are you doing?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I’m not reading right but this is confusing: “Since the wedding, we have been trying to get preg so I have been gaining weight again because of stress eating and depression and also just didn't realize how badly carbs can sneak up on me.
    About 3 weeks ago I started eating the way I did before the wedding and nothing is happening.”

Are you trying to get pregnant right now? Or have you already had the baby and are trying to lose the weight?

milkycereal is offline Banned
    Maybe ur just getting too many calories. Imo low carb high fat is great for staying full and naturlly eating less, but that doesnt mean unlimited fat is allowed.

Id figure out ur calorie reuirements, make a deficit (500 cals a day is a pound a week, dont go to extreme or you'll feel like shit) and fill up on the most satisfying, nutritious and filling primal foods you can find.

People fail at cutting calories cuz they pick the wrong foods. And forget about carbs. Still go hi fat but dont stress over em too much alot of the weight lost in the beggining of low carb is waterweight anyway. If sweet potatoes r gnna fill u up and make u happy, eat em!

stephiesteph is offline Junior Member
    iniquity: I haven't gotten preg yet - i just look like i am...
    Most days I have eggs or leftover dinner for breakfast, oopsie rools (just last week) vegetable soup, and a protein and veg for dinner. I just started eating dairy again last week. (did eat dairy prior to wedding)
    I think I'll cut out the honey and see what happens......try and eat super super clean.
    I did eat a lot of greek yogurt before the wedding and this time I was cutting out dairy at first but I don't think dairy bothers me. maybe the lack of yogurt is doing something?
    What are homemade fermented foods? What is a good probiotic?

*** Just thought of this: when I decided to start up about 4 weeks ago, I was fine for 3 days belly was already going down, feeling good then I made a bread that was made with just flaxmeal (I was experimenting) I ate 2 thick pieces and right away my belly was squeaking and got super bloated!
    I feel like ever since then things haven't been right.

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    stephiesteph -

Flaxseed bread = SO GOOD, buttttt also makes me bloat like crazzy! And for days. Give it a little while, add in probiotics or fermented good, and then come back screaming if nothing is happening. Get your sleep and try to de-stress too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast