Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spirulina and Chlorella .. page

simodalcais is offline Senior Member

Spirulina and Chlorella ..

Shop Now
    Anybody take these ? What do you think of them and what form do you think is the best , pill or powder ?

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Lol... good timing. I just opened my first jar of spirulina powder, and discovered that one teaspoon has the power to turn my morning smoothie blue-green and distinctly algae-flavoured. Yay. Looks like it stains my skin bright green, too - er, where I spilled the powder, that is. Though I haven't actually looked in the mirror since drinking it...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Lol... good timing. I just opened my first jar of spirulina powder, and discovered that one teaspoon has the power to turn my morning smoothie blue-green and distinctly algae-flavoured. Yay. Looks like it stains my skin bright green, too - er, where I spilled the powder, that is. Though I haven't actually looked in the mirror since drinking it...
    lol....I take both in powder form , mixed in room temp water , and your skin isn't the only thing it turns green ! It gives new meaning to the term ' Green Movement ' ...if you know what I mean

Ah, something to look forward to!

OK, so what are the (other) benefits? I'm trying to remember why I bought it.

Spirulina is supposed to be very high in protein ...and Chlorella supposedly aids in detoxing heavy metals from our system ...not sure if this is marketing hype or science but I first learnt of them watching a Doco called Food Matters ..
    YouTube - Food Matters Official Trailer
    Green Superfood | Discover Green Superfoods and how Food Matters | FOODMATTERSŪ

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I remember the phrase 'bio-available protein' when listening to someone espousing the benefits during The Great Health Debate (whoever it was who debated against Mercola).

And that leaves me still wondering why I bought it, as bio-available protein is one thing I'm not short of nowadays. Maybe I was just going through a blue-green phase...

Uncledave is offline Member
    My pusher..er..supplement provider had a deal on chlorella, so have recently decided to try it. I know it's supposed to help with removing metals from the body. I really have no way of quantifying that. I do know that I've noticed a better overall feeling and more energy. So far, my inclination would be to continue taking it when my supply runs out.
    Start weight 403 09/29/2010
    Current weight 335
    On my way to becoming half the man I used to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncledave View Post
    My pusher..er..supplement provider had a deal on chlorella, so have recently decided to try it. I know it's supposed to help with removing metals from the body. I really have no way of quantifying that. I do know that I've noticed a better overall feeling and more energy. So far, my inclination would be to continue taking it when my supply runs out.
    I was told this as well , which is why I decided to try it ...Hoping to get rid of all the fluoride I have accumulated over the years !

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    Check out the user reviews in the links below for info about the benefits of spirulina and chlorella.

I've tried both, and used tablet forms for both, because I'm not a fan of the taste in smoothie form. I continue to use chlorella for its health benefits, and because the tablets have a pleasant, almost jellybean-like subtle flavor, whereas my first bottle of spirulina was my last; it tasted to me like a dirty fishtank :P

Now Foods, Chlorella, 1000 mg, 120 Tablets - iHerb.com

Now Foods, 100% Natural Spirulina, 500 mg, 500 Tablets - iHerb.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast