Thread: Paths Unfolding's Primal Journey page

pathsunfolding is offline Junior Member

Paths Unfolding's Primal Journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello all!
    I have been roughly 75% primal for about a month. I have been keeping tabs on myself using Daily Plate. I am 33 years old and have found that my weight is starting to stack on and stay on. I have dropped a few pounds (around 6 or so) within the month but I do notice that my body is looking to be in better shape. Going primal is my way to regain control over my body, fitness and health.
    Forgoing the ordinary grain carbs has been relatively easy. Not so easy: overcoming my sweet tooth. Man, she is pursuasive!

My challenges:
    Work more veggies into my day.
    Exersize a little more each day.

Today has been relatively successful.
    B-two scrambled eggs, three sausage links. It is a tastey and filling breakfast, but I feel like I could do better with sausage selection. I need to hit up Whole Foods/Trader Joes tonight for something better. Maybe thick bacon.
    Snack- Annie Chun's sesame seaweed snacks. The entire package (2 servings) because it was open and they are yummy.
    L- leftover porkchop with homemade honey mustard sauce. Steamed green beans.
    Snack- I caved like a cheap bra and had a cup of hot cocoa. I am not even sure why I did it, and I regretted it after. It was not very good tasting.
    D- I am thinking sauteed shrimp, maybe. Maybe a bigass salad.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome, keep up the good work!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Don't let a few slips get you down. Grok on!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

So, I am an emotional eater. Yesterday was a case in point. I was super grumpy and totally fell off the wagon for dinner. Well, not totally. But I did wash it down with a milkshake. For one thing: it was unbelievably delicious. Then after: I was so very uncomfortably full. The fullness from sugar/other gross stuff feels different. And not in a good way. Let that be a lesson. Also, it did not damper the sour mood. So after all was said and done, I was grumpy and grossly full. And regretful.
    As a side note, I would like to say that I have endulged in sweet baked goods since starting. I had a piece of specialty bakery made chocolate cake for a friends birthday. The cake was sublime, the serving was small and I don't regret it for a single moment. That is what living is about.
    That being said, I don't think just having my panties in a bunch from a lousy day and tossing back a just-ok milkshake is the way to go. There is clearly a difference between a fantastic piece of cake (this wasn't a cake made from a box. This was GOOD cake.) and a petulant indulgence.

So, on to today. I haven't had lunch yet, but I wanted to note for myself: I had one egg and some egg beaters (fake eggs) for breakfast. By 10 am, I was positively starved. I ate some hazelnuts, because that is all I have with me. Lesson here is: just eat two eggs. Fake eggs are exactly that: fake. Also, maybe bring something a little more substantial than a handful of nuts to keep me till lunch? That'd be great.

On that note, I will say that I feel like I am still on the typical American/CW digestion/diet/appetite mode where I find the idea of IF intimidating and supremely uncomfortable. I think I would become a very, very antisocial person during the time I was fasting. Perhaps I need to try it after an early dinner/overnight then have a very late breakfast/brunch. On a weekend though, so I don't risk losing my job after snapping at someont.