Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jilly Eats Animals (whether she likes it or not) page

JillianMarie77 is offline Senior Member

Jilly Eats Animals (whether she likes it or not)

Primal Fuel
    It's day two and I'm going to start a journal. This is kind of a brilliant feature.

Background
    • Lifelong Vegetarian
    • Yoga Teacher, Martial Artist, Runner, Mother, Wife etc...

Why
    • Over the last 7 years I've put on 40lbs and some injuries
    • Tried vegan, raw vegan, everything

Day 2 Thoughts
    A person can only eat so much bacon. Besides that, a protein drink, salad and green smoothies I'm not really sure what to eat. Oh I know, I know. Almond butter - but on what? Not my beloved toast LOL. Coconut oil, yep I have that too, I typically make vegan fudge and THAT isn't on the menu. And meat. Meat, meat, meat. I'm working on it.
    I didn't get around to making chicken yesterday - turns out my kids have LICE (sooo primal right?!)! I did get out for a moment between loads of laundry to get some coconut flour. I'm going to make some kind of muffin or pancake, heavy on the eggs until I work up the nerve to eat a scrambled egg. What do eggs taste like anyways? They smell like popcorn and seem slimy and rubbery....
    Jillian
    Strict Vegetarian going primal as of 3/2011. This is a tough row to hoe!

So far I am down:
    • 6lbs
    • 1% BMI
    • 1" in my waist
    • 2.5" at my belly button
    • 1" in my hips

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh Jillian, you seem to have some challenges right now. God I hated it when my kids had lice. My scalp always felt crawley. It must also be hard to get used to eating meat. I hope that gets easier for you. Some people eat a ton of eggs per day. I only eat 2-one fried and one hard boiled. Hard boiled might be the way to start for you. Good Luck!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Thank you. Baby steps =)
    Jillian

So far I am down:
    • 6lbs
    • 1% BMI
    • 1" in my waist
    • 1" in my hips

geostump is offline Senior Member
    You'll get their Jillian. It may take awhile but you should be fine.

I will third the whole lice thing. We had a major breakout in the fall and what a PITA. I am an egg eater, eat 3-4 a day and sometimes more. I've always liked them. You may want to try omelets. Fill them with veggies and they're good.
    Georgette

Day Three

I can keep a really excellent macro balance, up to about 750 calories; and then I run out of things to eat. This should self correct once I have more meats in my repertoire When my calories are too low I end up feeling ravenous at night. I know it isn't ideal, carbs are too high but its grain free and better than I was 4 days ago!
    Fat (42%) Carbs (33%)
    Protein (25%) Alcohol (0%)
    This is about 1500 calories, I can increase the fat by throwing in a tablespoon of coconut oil somewhere and maybe drink an extra protein shake. Or I could always eat another piece of bacon!

I'm feeling okay. I was super exhausted this morning which I think was a combination of not eating enough yesterday, teaching an 8pm class, not being able to fall asleep right away afterward and then getting up for a 5:30am class.

This weekend is going to be brutal. I'm doing a teacher training in Dallas all day both days. How am I going to explain the bacon? HA!
    Jillian

So far I am down:
    • 6lbs
    • 1% BMI
    • 1" in my waist
    • 1" in my hips

Tell them bacon is the new crack?
    Georgette

Day 6

The weekend wasn't too bad! It wasn't good, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I did well, still not qite striking the best balance of protein/fat but avoided grains and sugar. Until Sunday afternoon. Then I had a grilled cheese and that led to chocolate chip cookies. But it's a new day, right?!

My husband brought me a 4lb pack of bacon from costco and said "Good luck wtih the weight loss" *chuckle chuckle*. I guess some people have get rich quick schemes and he sees my attempts at weight loss as the equivalent of that. I've been preaching and practicing vegetarianism forever and then gone through spurts of raw and I'm still fat so I understand his skepticism. Hell, *I* am skeptical! But what do I have to lose besides 40lbs?

Here are my official "before" pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jillian

So far I am down:
    • 6lbs
    • 1% BMI
    • 1" in my waist
    • 1" in my hips

canio6 Guest
    Hmm...not sure where you would lose 40 pounds from given those pictures, but I do wish you luck. 4 pound package of bacon? Well played Ms. JillianMarie77, well played.

I know it's hard to see because I am tall but I have a very, very tiny frame. I'm 5'8" and 175lbs. And you see I keep my Christmas spirit all year round iwth my Santa Belly. I also didn't do a rear view which containes a good 20lbs on it's own. There's plenty of room to shrink. Thanks though.
    Jillian

So far I am down:
    • 6lbs
    • 1% BMI
    • 1" in my waist
    • 1" in my hips

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You've at least put up before pics. I can't do it. I have an unfortunate fear of cameras and think I look awful. Makes me cringe. Thankfully our camera is lost. Can you get a decent digital camera for under $50?
    Georgette

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast